3. Norwegian Sky
I chose the sky for several reasons. We were taking the kids so I wanted fewer sail days and more excursion days. Also they off Butlers if you stay in the Suites! Let me say we have never stayed in a suite so I cannot compare it to other cruises.... however 9002 penthouse suite with large balcony was AWESOME!! We had a private butler who never woke us up, but always knew when we woke up. He always had fresh banana bread and lemon bread for us in the morning. After we hung out at the pool we would always come back to sandwiches, chips, cookies, bottles of wine one day and champagne the first night. Our concierge LEO was amazing. He was also the concierge for kiss you know ! He made sure every meal , every tender, absolutely everything was first class for us and priority everything!! We felt super special! Day 1- First class priority boarding, maybe took 5 min, The first day we swam in the pool and enjoyed the free drinks! Also with the suite you get taken right to Cagneys for lunch. Awesome food. No complaints. I decided to put the kids (3 girls) ages 7,8,11 in the kids splash club that night a 8pm for the orientation to go over the next 4 days they could spend there. They make you sign a waiver and ask where you will be incase they need you. I said 5th floor at the casino! at 9:15 my youngest sliced her foot open on a door in the supervised kids club because the door was not maintained and it was all chipped and broken at the bottom. This is what sliced her foot open. Why no one came to get me or take her to medical I have no clue! We took her down stairs to see the on board doctor who was amazing as was the nurse. She needed 5 stitches. Our butler felt very bad and offered us free dinners in the specialty resteraunts for the rest of the cruise. I said "while that is very nice, I expect a complete refund or cruise voucher for another cruise". I have not heard back yet.......If the boat was maintained and my daughter was supervised this would not have happened. I had to push her around in a wheel chair the entire cruise and she could not do our first shore excursion on the second day which was supposed to be Grand Lucayan resort for the day. I cancelled it. Dinner was at Cagneys that night, the steak was OMG greatness!!!!!!! We all had lobster and huge huge ribeyes. After all it was all on them! Went to bingo and deal or no deal that night with the kids, it was fun. day 3 - went to Nassau. We went to paradise Island to Atlantis and my two daughters had a blast on the waterslides while I tried to keep the 7 year old busy in the wheel chair....... my husband took off to the casino for a while and won $300. back to the boat we went to cagneys again (man we loved that place) I had the same thing lol, massive steak and lobster with shrimp. Top notch service and steak. We let the kids watch a movie until they fell asleep which was like 8:30 as they were beat , then we snuck out to explore. I think they had a deck party, but we just hit the casino again and went back to the room. day 4 Great Stirrup Cay Awesome day, we rented the small cabana as the big ones were closed. It was perfect, Ask for number 11 (which I requested from a previous sailor and got it) it is 20 steps from the bar and bathrooms. The lagoon area here is beautiful and never more than 20 people in the water. Very quiet. I recommend brining your own portable speaker if you want to hear music. The food was great, you get a $50 food voucher, make sure you order by 8pm the night before. Our butler took care of all of this for us. Drinks are free on the island YAY! We walked over to the bar b q. The food was decent. just average. The Barcardi bar is where all the action is at on the main beach. Waaaaaaay to many people for me, chairs crammed together and the little blue clam shells you can rent were like saunas! No air moving. They had the miss norweigian sky 2016 competition which my husband was one of the judges. It was fun. Great music played by the DJ all day at this bar. It sits right beside the main beach area. The cabanas are about a 4 minute walk no big deal, besides we can all use the exercise and I did it pushing a wheel chair the whole way. Went to the Italian specialty place that night for dinner Il Aldiago it was great as well. You can get the steak or pastas, fish etc. Floor to ceiling windows made it great! Dropped the kids off to watch a movie until they slept (by the way if you get the suite, your butler will bring you any DVD's you want and you can watch them) also there were always free movies on the TV. The TV was waaaaay better with more channels that other cruises I have ever been on.... Getting off the boat was a breeze, LEO took us right down to priority and we were off the boat in 5 min. The cruise director was JC and he was funny and you actually saw him a lot on the boat. The music I will say was great on this boat. Always stuff to put you in the mood! Not like other cruises where they play the beatles or some other non vacationing music. It was always up beat and made you feel like you were on a tropical vacation.

Overall Great with one VERY bad incident

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by lindawaring2001

• Sail Date: August 2016
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse with Large Balcony

Went to bingo and deal or no deal that night with the kids, it was fun.

day 4 Great Stirrup Cay

lindawaring2001’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Norwegian Sky price drops

Penthouse with Large Balcony
Cabin SF 9002
The room is killer! The bed was so heavenly, we actually wrote down the mattress name and will be purchasing one for home. We have never slept in a nicer bed ever! Pillows , fantastic. Our butler brought us all 2 memory foam ones each. Heaven. The balcony is huge!!!!!! Because this boat goes to the Bahamas and is not bookin it fast , there is absolutely zero wind out there at night. Some reviews said the front of the boat is windy??? I found that 100% false. We played cards, had some drinks. Woke up each morning with the first view, and at night saw amazing moon lit waters and cool lightning storms off in the distance. The room has one huge main room with curtains separating the little sleeping area with pull out couch but we never shut the curtains. My other two daughter loved their little nook that had a sliding door and their own TV. They had bunk beds. Large closets everywhere. The only thing I was not happy with was that the jets in the jet tub did not work. Having the exact same tub (by Jacuzzi) at home that is also broken, I was not surprised. The shower was nice size with 2 closing doors. Sink had lots of space. One thing I will say that was nice about this cruise.... no sea sickness. I think because you sail so slow to the next island. Only bad thing and I do mean the ONLY bad thing about the location of the room, your right above where the anchors go up and down. Kind loud in the morning but it was nice because it woke our lazy butts up to go eat breakfast:)My ratings below for the kids club are terrible only because my daughter injury on the first night In there..... so yeah that was terrible. I'm sure most kids have fun in there, no clue, I didn't make mine go back in there. They would rather hang with us anyway.
We are 40 and my husband 53, we would go again for the free booze with no kids next time. There are no water slides just one crappy kids splash puddle at the front of the boat. I do know its handicap friendly well because ...........:)
Fjord Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins