3. Scenic Sapphire
We chose this cruise on recommendations from our travel consultant and friends. We are a retired couple and to us this was a trip of our lifetime. The first week was brilliant, food accommodation, service was just what we had dreamed of. We had been a bit concerned about the height of the river from reports in Australia but presumed that there were no concerns as the cruise left Amsterdam on time and no mention of potential difficulties. How wrong were we? When we arrived in Regansberg where we were just to have a short stay before moving on over night to Vienna is when we were informed we had to stay overnight as the ship could not get under the next bridge due to high water levels. That one night turned into two and although staff were helpful and our Cruise director organized bus trips to see the places we were missing out on it wasn't until the afternoon of the second day we were informed we would have to leave the ship and be transported by coach to Vienna. This was a bus journey of 5 hours with a stopover for lunch. We were given money to pay for lunch. We were then advised that the concert in Vienna was to be provided free to all. On arrival in Vienna we were taken to a restaurant for a meal, which was awful, then expected to go straight to the concert without the opportunity to shower or change. My husband and I were exhausted so declined the concert in favour of the hotel, very sad as I was looking so forward to this! I have a spinal issue and those hours of sitting had made me very sore. The cruise was now obviously a bus trip! I have emailed and they have given us a $800 credit on another cruise! That's not much good to us. I understand about no control over weather conditions, but surely due to flood conditions in other parts of Europe, there should have been some idea of this happening. We were not given a choice we should have been, the second half of the trip was awful, the only good hotel was one night in the Carlton Ritz in Budapest. All the meals provided were nowhere near the standard on board. I would advise future guests to carefully check weather conditions and Travel Marvel to reconsider future policies.

Second Half Nightmare

Scenic Sapphire Cruise Review by Any

We chose this cruise on recommendations from our travel consultant and friends.

We are a retired couple and to us this was a trip of our lifetime.

I have a spinal issue and those hours of sitting had made me very sore.

The cruise was now obviously a bus trip!

Any’s Full Rating Summary