3. Norwegian Gem
I didn't choose this particular cruise, it was chosen by family members. I have been on this itinerary before, but on the Breakaway, which I enjoyed more. The larger ship has more amenities. I would not take this itinerary again. Nothing special about it. Ship was OK, but not enough places to 'get away from it all'. Pool setup with children's pool being right next to adults pool was not special as it was a 'zoo' on pool deck all the time. Specialty dining was good, but Grand Palace Dining room was average. Service was a bit slow. Garden Buffet was disappointing. Nothing special about the food coming from there, and even the scrambled eggs tasted terrible. Entertainment was OK, it fluctuated from really good to just average. The juggler and the Hypnotist were excellent. Nassau was the only port I really liked. Port Canaveral was completely uninteresting to me, and Great Stirrup Cay was underwhelming. No real protection from the sun. There should be more amenities on the Island. The best part of our trip was the staff and services in the Spa and our Room Attendant. Both were excellent. If I were to sail on the GEM again, I would only go if I could get a HAVEN cabin, and make sure I had the weeklong pass to the spa, as it's the only quiet place on the ship.

Norwegian GEM

katshell2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Gem price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB 11626
One of the bigger and nicer cabins I've had. Very nice bathroom with full size tub/shower and self enclosed toilet room.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins