Sirena Cruise Review

DO NOT BOOK CABIN 8001 ON OCEANIA SIRENA!!

Sirena Cruise Review by Bebelin

• Sail Date: Jul 2016
  • Destination: France
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse Suite

We have cruised on the larger Oceania ships before and were so pleased. We've done most of Europe already but this was a special cruise that featured the wine regions of Portugal, Spain and France. We cruised on Oceania Sirena. The ports were ok for the most part. We used Tours by Locals for most of our tours, rather than the costly ship tours. I felt our butler did not go over and above his service requirements. The food was excellent, as usual. I did not feel that the Sirena was as luxurious as the larger ships. It had undergone a refitting a few months back, but it still lacked the refinement of the other ships we sailed on. Although we did not attend any of the evening entertainment shows, I heard from several others that they were not great. I seriously doubt that I would ever sail on the Sirena again, but I still love Oceania.

Bebelin's Full Rating Summary

Penthouse Suite
Cabin PH1 8001

The cabin was clean and well appointed, although the bathroom was small. We were in Penthouse Suite (PH1) in room 8001. We paid extra for the upgrade, but were disappointed in our suite. It was directly under the fitness room on the 9th floor. After the first day, from 6:00 a.m until 10:00 p.m. we heard what sounded like elephants dancing on our ceiling. It was the treadmills and the passengers running and walking on them right above us. After complaining, we did get a small stipend to use on our next cruise. Also, the smoking area was above our balcony on the 9th deck and the smoke wafted down to our balcony. Why on earth would you put a smoking area AND a fitness room directly above a Penthouse suite?

Bebelin