Emerald Princess Cruise Review

A Cruise to Remember

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by bmc1030

• Sail Date: Apr 2016
  • Destination: Transatlantic

This was our third cruise on Princess. We wanted the experience of a Trans-Atlantic crossing and my husband had always wanted to visit Omaha Beach to see where the troops landed during the Normandy invasion of World War II. This cruise offered a shore excursion which went to the beach, cemetery, and museum. It was the perfect cruise. While I had concerns about rough waters, I was pleasantly surprised at how calm the water actually was.

This is a beautiful ship. We could not have been more pleased. We had an inside cabin and it had the most closet space of any inside cabin we have had. This cabin did not have the love seat like some others do, so I suppose that was the trade off. My husband and I don't spend much time in the cabin, I was more appreciative of the closet space. Since you do spend so much time in transit, the ship offers numerous enrichment programs, and learning opportunities. Our days were full. Made afternoon tea most days and fell in love with scones and clotted cream. Great food and good entertainment, what more could you want. The only complaint would be the lay out of the buffet area, not a good traffic flow. We would love sail on this ship again, anytime she is going our way.

bmc1030's Full Rating Summary