3. Carnival Dream
i chose this cruise as the timing was perfect. My wife just finished her chemo treatments for breast cancer, she had her surgery three weeks before we cruised and it was a celebration cruise for her overcoming the cancer. We both are Platinum members. We have been cruising with carnival since 1985. This was the first cruise we have ever been on where we did not feel like platinum members. We we treated as ordinary at the concierge counter. Tell me what is the benefit of being Platinum or Diamond (which we are trying to attain) if there is no respect or better treatment. We have friends who are members of Roayal Carribean and we have on many occasions turn down going on a RCI cruise because we felt commited to Carnival. The debarkation was rediculous. it took two hours for platinum members who checked luggage to get off. Welll i was certainly concerned as we had a flight to catch back to dallas texas. we made it just in time to board the plane. It gets worst. when we entered our balcony room ( the only way we cruise) it was shameful the amount of dust we saw around the A/C outlet and the trim around the room. I said nothing to the room stewart as i did not know if he was responsible. So i took a washcloth and wet it and cleaned the dust of the ceiling and the above trim around the room. The first day it rained. We when it rains you expect once the day drys out no standing water will be on your balcony. not only on my balcony but the adjoing balconies to either side of my room, I dont know how not to be disgusted. I called the service desk and asked to have it removed. for the next two days as it rained i had to asked the room stewart to deal with the water. A bit concerned with the sika virus and standing water on my balcony. Yes we felt very comfortable under these conditions, Bad air, standing water , mis treatment. Why should i continue cruising Carnival?

Very disappointed, my dining room staff was excellent

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by sudden54m

We both are Platinum members. We have been cruising with carnival since 1985.

sudden54m’s Full Rating Summary