3. Celebrity Reflection
We chose this Celebrity cruise based first and foremost on the ports of call which really appealed. Secondly our friends who joined us on this cruise had previously enjoyed an RCCL cruise and as Celebrity is part of the RCCL Family we thought why not. Our own previous cruise experience was with NCL which we really enjoyed. On the whole we enjoyed it but I wouldn't cruise with Celebrity again - why? Too much up-selling; it starts at breakfast with 'discounts' for the specialty restaurants, continues around the pool with over-enthusiatic crew members plugging the 'premium' drinks package. They must make a small fortune on bingo with the cheapest card(s) costing from $39 up to $69 - the payouts to the few lucky winners were modest given the 'full house' in the auditorium. Too many shops for my liking but that is purely a personal opinion. What is great: the people who work on board - first class! The quality of the ship (I'm slightly biased because I know the German ship builders well) and a really good gym and spa - oh and the food which was consistently high quality What is good: Opus - the main dining room, our cabin on Deck 8 and unexpectedly the Silent Disco What is average: the evening entertainment (compared to my limited past experience) Cruise Director Sue and her team work their socks off but they have a budget to adhere to I guess. Celebrity is billed as a notch above RCCL but the special guests are tributes or x factor finalists from a few years back - which is fine but... What is poor: the confusing drinks system and the extortionate cost of excursions - arrange your own for 75% less we did and they were great

Celebrity Reality

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by bennem20

• Sail Date: July 2016
  • Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah (partially obstructed view)

On the whole we enjoyed it but I wouldn't cruise with Celebrity again - why?

bennem20’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Celebrity Reflection price drops

Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah (partially obstructed view)
Cabin 2C 8224
Loved it! Very comfortable and spacious
Continental Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins