3. Viking Magni
This cruise was fantastic and I would highly recommend Viking. We travelled as a couple and weren’t sure what to expect but I have to say that we had one of the best holidays we have ever had, we met some fantastic people, had some great laughs, saw a myriad of interesting places, ate far too much and thoroughly enjoyed everything. The Magni was first class, it was pretty new and everything was modern. We had to pass through the Viking Sun several times when we were moored together and the Sun didn’t look half as nice. Our room was cute, had everything you needed and was just large enough to squeeze down each size of the bed and into the bathroom. I would suggest booking the best room you can afford however you are more likely to get a good deal on rooms on the bottom floor, just be aware there is no view and its fun watching the world pass by as you relax on your balcony while sailing along. The staff were lovely (big cheers to Roos the events lady who was outstanding), everyone was polite, helpful and kind and they seemed to work very hard. Bedrooms were cleaned and tidied twice a day, the beds were comfy, you could just about fit into the bathroom, the heated bathroom floor was lovely as were the toiletries. There is only one small washing line in the bathroom, we took along our own line and this, added to the existing one, meant we had no problems hanging our daily washing and the heated floor helped dry it overnight. We found the food outstanding, there was plenty of choice and nothing too outlandish. We weren’t hungry once, between meals there’s a coffee and cookies station with a choice of teas/coffee/cookies and even honey and lemon. Very impressive. The mooring in tandem thing was probably the only thing I didn’t like about the cruise, especially if you have booked a room with a view and all you can see is into the cabin on the boat next to you. This means you have to have your curtains closed. One time we opened our curtains and scared a couple on the next boat who were lying on the bed We were lucky in Budapest and had a view of the Chain Bridge which was out of this world, especially when its lit up at night - I would have been pretty peeved if we had been on the other side of the boat. It seemed to me that the left hand (port) side was given the best mooring views – this is the side which has the posh double cabins on the top floor so I suspect they pander to them first (which is fair as they pay the most). However on the second floor this side is all French balconies so you can get the best views and not pay full balcony prices. This is just my experience and not necessarily company policy. I should also mention that we were originally booked on the Viking Baldur but were advised a week before we left that the Baldur was stuck on the other side of low water and so wouldn’t be able to get to Budapest. The Baldur people were ferried by coach between 2 ports and had to change from the Baldur to the Magni. Be aware that the river level can impact your holiday. Luckily we were fine, smooth sailing all the way.

Viking Magni Budapest to Amsterdam FANTASTIC!!!

Viking Magni Cruise Review by suja

This cruise was fantastic and I would highly recommend Viking.

suja’s Full Rating Summary