3. Celebrity Solstice
I choose this cruise by researching the reviews of many cruise lines. This was our first cruise and I wanted to check things out. I like what I found about this ship and we were not disappointed, it was absolutely beautiful, the staff was wonderful, and our cabin (2152) was perfect. We were in Concierge Class so we had preferred boarding and disembarking and it went as smooth as silk. The cabin was a nice size with an amazing amount of storage space. We were on the 12 floor aft and it was the best. We had a panoramic view from our balcony with floor to ceiling sliding glass doors. The bed was really comfortable. We went on four excursions, in Ketchikan we went to George Inlet Lodge for crab and it was fun and delicious, in Juneau we went of the Taku Lodge Feast and 5 Glacier Seaplane which was unbelievably wonderful and we were lucky enough to have some black bears come to visit us at the Lodge, in Skagway we went on the Ocean Raft Wildlife Tour which was great. You are in a high speed Zodiac and it was great fun. We are in our 60's and I was a bit nervous but for no reason. It was exciting, fun and we saw wonderful wildlife (eagles, seals, waterfalls, birds). We also went on a bus tour in Victoria and it was ok, it was a bus tour what can you say about that. This was a fabulous vacation for us with no down side. The ship, the crew, all the restaurants and grills had great food, a full array of bars from warm and cozy to a fun filled martini bar, pool bars, outside on 15th floor fun bar and many more, entertainment, excursions and staff was all top shelf. We are first time cruisers but we talked with many seasoned cruisers who stated that this Cruise Line and ship had the best food and ship that they had been on. Again I can not say enough about the staff who were always helpful, smiling and courteous. We would definitely cruise with Celebrity again!

Absolutely wonderful!! A Dream Vacation...

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by first time cruiser 136

• Sail Date: July 2016
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class
first time cruiser 136’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Solstice price drops

Concierge Class
Cabin C1 2152
This cabin was wonderful. This cabin was on the resort deck (12th floor), aft and in the center of the ship. It had a floor to ceiling sliding glass door to the balcony which gave you a panoramic view of the beautiful scenery in Alaska. It was a little hike to the elevators but you can work off some to the delicious food you eat on this fabulous ship. The balcony is also covered on top. The cabin had an amazing amount of storage space and the bed was very comfortable. On the down side you can hear some noise from the Ocean View Restaurant which is right above this room but it did not bother us. It is a great location, being on the pool deck and close to the upstairs restaurant and bar. We would definitely book this room again.
Resort Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Float Plane
    We took the Taku Lodge Feast and 5 Glacier seaplane. This was fabulous. It was indescribably beautiful with a wonderful lunch of fresh salmon cooked outside on the open flame. We were also lucky enough to be visited by some black bears while we were there!!!
    View All 80 Float Plane Reviews
  • Ketchikan On Our Own
    We went to George Inlet Lodge Crab Feast and it was delicious and fun. It is all the crab you can eat for 2 hours and delicious blueberry cheese cake for dessert. I would highly recommend this and we booked this ourselves online. They will come a pick you up in Ketchikan to take you to the feast.Yum!
    View All 27 Ketchikan On Our Own Reviews
  • Pike Place Market
    It was very crowded, lots of flowers, but over all I did not like it.
    View All 54 Pike Place Market Reviews
  • Underground Tour
    This was a wonderful tour of the underground passages and city under Seattle. Our guide Jim Gall was wonderful and entertaining while giving you the history of the past. We loved this tour.
    View All 17 Underground Tour Reviews
  • Skagway
    This tour was on a high speed zodiac raft which zoomed you around the ocean and then gave you up close views of waterfalls, inlets, and wild life. It was great fun!!
    View All 12,442 Skagway Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Skagway Cruise Port Review
  • Scenic Victoria City Tour
    What can you say, it was a bus tour. We booked late and all other tours were booked.
    Remember book tours early if not before you leave book on the first day!
    View All 52 Scenic Victoria City Tour Reviews