3. Radiance of the Seas
The stateroom attendants and dining staff were wonderful. Our only issue with Royal Caribbean was the lack of experience with those in charge of transfers and lost luggage. We paid for a seat for a 20 month old, then found out when we arrived that there was no where for a carseat anyway on the train or on the large bus (which we were told would be a shuttle service....so I expected a smaller situation that might have been unsafe without a car seat). In addition, my travel guide spoke with RC twice about the transfer from our hotel in Anchorage to the train and both times were told there was nothing provided. After paying for a private transfer for our 12 family members (it was raining that day), we came down to find out there WAS a FREE transfer. How did the cruise line miss that detail after we contacted them twice? Together, that was $300 that I paid that was unnecessary. We were only able to use the childcare area once because it stayed booked up. Wish we'd been warned that was a possibility beforehand. A bit frustrating for us. On top of that, our luggage pick up after disembarking was quite chaotic, ending in no luggage for my husband to take home (someone else picked it up before we got there). After ten days of calling and calling, it just arrived at our home. What a wild story with a woman from Israel picking it up in Vancouver, taking it to Seattle before checking her luggage, then taking it all the way back to Vancouver before it could begin its journey home, with a nice wait in customs after we were told it was on its way here and waiting all day at home Friday for luggage that was still in Canada. At least it happened as we were leaving! Again, the cruise itself was wonderful, but I was quite frustrated with the handling of the transfers and lost luggage. I won't automatically book with RC next time.

Great cruise, but transfer craziness!

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Bama Traveler

• Sail Date: July 2016
  • Destination: Alaska

Together, that was $300 that I paid that was unnecessary.

Bama Traveler’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas price drops

Our interior stateroom- nor sure of the category letter- (chosen because not much was left by the time we began to plan) was in excellent shape and close to the family members in the other four rooms for our group.

I can't say enough about the stateroom attendants. They were great.
  Radiance of the Seas Deck Plans