Norwegian Epic Cruise Review

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Sameh Aziz

• Sail Date: Jul 2016
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Family Balcony

Being our first cruise as a family I was very reluctant to go on the Norwegian Epic due to the low rating I noticed on different sites but that was too late as I had already paid the full trip amount and wasn't ready to bare the cancellation fees. To my amazing surprise that was my best vacation ever and the Epic was so great that I'll never cruise in a different ship.

We were 3 adults (my wife, my 21 years old son and myself) in a triple cabin with balcony. The cabin was spotless clean, very good size for a ship cabin as I was expected a much smaller size, the balcony with 2 big size beds was a very big plus. The room design in all aspects including the bathroom was so creative with great space for storage .

Dinning at different a la carte restaurant (still complementary) and the big open buffet restaurant was a great part of the trip with endless excellent choices of food and great quality.

Non stop Entertainment and different shows were a big problem as we were torn between going down to different port and to stay to enjoy the entertainment.

Service, staff, food, entertainment, .... just name it, every thing was perfect.

The only draw back was:

1- They don't allow you for even a small bottle of water to bring with you and to buy it there is too pricey. A daily complementary water bottle at the cabin will be a nice gesture to Epic guests.

2- Organized shores excursions are soooooo expensive, so better plan your excursions by yourself in advance and it will cost just a fraction of what they are offering.

Sameh Aziz's Full Rating Summary

Family Balcony
Cabin B3 10079

Spotless clean, very good size for a ship cabin as I was expected a much smaller size, the balcony with 2 big size beds was a very big plus. Cabi design in all aspects including the bathroom was so creative with great space for storage .

Naples

Take the ferry to Capri, enjoy a very nice walk in small shops around then take the feniculaire up to the amazing small village with lot of shops, small streets, restaurants.

Going more up to Aya Capri as advised didn't worse the effort.

Rome (Civitavecchia)

Took a shared shuttle (very good) to Rome and spent the day going around with the hop on hop off bus but didn't have time to visit the Vatican in such a short stay. That was a bad planing from my side. Visiting the Vatican would have added value to this day

Florence (Livorno)

Florence first by train then Pisa on our way back. Both are amazing

Cannes

Of course a very nice place to visit once but for me and my family this is not our favorite summer resort as every thing is to sophisticated and very showy people , showy cars. Don't feel as ease in such places

Marseille

Took Uber to down town, then Uber again to the very nice and really interesting Notre Dame De La Guarde Cathedral. Then spent the rest of the day hanging around at the old harbor. So nice, relaxing and lovely city.

Barcelona

Stayed there 3 days before and 3 days after the cruise at a hotel in Ramblas. Enjoyed my stay very much

Sameh Aziz