3. Crown Princess
Alaska is beautiful. Had a great time. It was only my second cruise, but already I'm turning into a more discriminating cruise-o-phile! Had traveled previously on the Celebrity Solstice last year to NZ. This was our first trip to Alaska and my wife and I traveled with my dad and our niece in the adjacent balcony stateroom. Pros : The itinerary was great with the touristy ports of call in Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan. Our cabin steward , Felix, was great. Very friendly and attentive. Our room was on the 14th deck, port side, not far behind the bridge. Big closets, small bathrooms. The ride through Glacier Bay was magnificent. Even though it was nearly August, the weather was quite cool. The casino was great. The Crown definitely has a passenger demographic that is younger so that there was a lot more action in their casino than the Solstice's . Good dealers, all very professional. They have great laundry facilities on this ship. I wish I knew that beforehand. We could have brought smaller suitcases. Cons: The food. Food quality not so good on the Crown. That was evident in buffets, the sit down dining, and even the specialty restaurants. The service at the Crown Grill was extremely slow. And the Ribeye was not good. The wine selection also below the quality of what we experienced on the Solstice. The buffet on the Crown was difficult to navigate and the selection was remarkably low. We did experience a shutdown of the cabin's plumbing system for about 4-5 hours one day. You'd do well to avoid any "nutrition" class put on by the spa personnel. They tried to sell my dad a program of "detoxification" . 85 bucks to start and another 100 bucks a month. They said it would help him live long. He's 91 years old. I'm pretty sure the salesman isn't going to live that long. We had a good time on this cruise nonetheless. If you can't be happy on a cruise to Alaska.....

Great itinerary. Food was disappointing.

Crown Princess Cruise Review by hawnsteeldoc

• Sail Date: July 2016
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

hawnsteeldoc’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC R214
Large closet, small bathroom. Had a 5 hour shutdown of the plumbing.
Good cabin attendant.