3. Harmony of the Seas
My wife and I chose this cruise to experience a brand new ship. We always cruise on Royal Caribbean as their style fits well with our action and fitness couple tastes. We fortunately selected a July 28, 2016 sailing and avoided the incomplete construction issues experienced by passengers on the maiden voyage in May 2016 and up to about 35 days after. In our case everything was complete. Beware of maiden voyages, let them work out the kinks before you purchase a ticket! Yep, its the biggest ship on the seas with over 6,400 passengers!. The ocean were very calm and we did not think we were on a ship (even while arriving and departing from ports!). Royal Caribbean effectively managed the crowds by breaking it up by interest groups. Some migrated to the Boardwalk, others to Central Park, others to the Promenade and so forth. The shows and activity schedules are also designed to break up the crowd (although there was too much show repetition). The jazz musicians were great. Well done for RC as we could find sparsely populated areas when we wanted some privacy, particularly in Central Park and in the Solarium. The kids and youths also had their areas as in other RC ships. The headline shows seemed to be heavily lip synced and the music was recorded (cost cutting?). The ships interior design is minimalist which I think is an error. RC is known for affordable luxury and the minimalist concept (which I know is in vogue) was criticized by many passengers (more cost cutting?) . The effect was that few wore their formal attire on the formal nights and the ship photographers resembled the Maytag repairman from lack of work. The Promenade resembles an upscale shopping mall. Now this is a Baby Boomer's point of view after many RC cruises. The Gen X, Y and Z may think minimalist design is fine (as confirmed by my son!)....The break dancers sculpture on the Promedade gives it away as to who RC is courting!... The food was not to the same level of quality and variety as other RC ships. RC now thinks that Room service "tipping" is obligatory...hmmm... The rooms are spacious and the Virtual Balcony is cool. The walls are not properly sound proofed and we could easily hear next door conversations. The room entrance doors are side by side and this is a design flaw. Anyone knocking on the neighbors' door sounds like your door! And it is very annoying when the neighbor slams their door. The bathroom entrance has a step and it is a matter of time before someone trips and falls against the glass shower door. Something is wrong with the air conditioning vents as cigarette smoke is vented from the Casino into the Fitness Center of all places!...I mean nasty!....The dedicated jogging track is great. The Fine Line aquatic show is absolutely fabulous. Most of the performers have security harnesses but the high divers better have good life insurance. The ships build quality and materials is below other RC ships attention to fine detail. Several employees mentioned they wanted to return to their prior ships. Can anyone advise on how to maintain crease free shirts and pants if irons are not allowed? Well, I use the age old hot water vapor in the bathroom but it wastes water.... When will wi-fi be included? Ciao!

New ship, great potential, with some design flaws.....

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by CCC+

Several employees mentioned they wanted to return to their prior ships.

When will wi-fi be included?

Ciao!