Carnival Breeze Cruise Review

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by rocknrobn

• Sail Date: Dec 2014
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

My husband & I took our first cruise on the Liberty in Sept 2013 to the Western Caribbean and LOVED it. We decided our kids would love it too, so we booked the Breeze, as it had the sky course and we also wanted to experience the Eastern side of the Caribbean. So, this one fit what we were looking for. The staff & our experience on the Liberty was so wonderful, I had high expectations for this one. We really thought the Liberty must have had the best of the best as far as crew because they really were exceptional. I really didn't think the Breeze would be able to match them but figured they would be great as well. It turned out that the Breeze was equally as awesome! Clean ship, great food, awesome staff, spacious room & balcony, and it really was the best vacation ever! We had a large group of extended family who were staying in other cabins. They also had an awesome time. Our husbands & nephew played in the dodge ball tournament and had a blast. We enjoyed the Hasbro shows and Bingo. There were really several of the shows that we enjoyed- I just can't remember them all. Our kids stayed with us instead of going to the kids camps, with the exception of our dtr spent about 2 hrs at Camp Carnival because they had an activity she wanted to do. So we don't know a whole lot about the kids programs other than that. She did enjoy herself and I just asked her and she said she'd give it a 4/5 (she's 11). Our kids are hooked on cruising now too, so yes... we're now booked to experience the Southern side of the Caribbean, but this time on the new Vista. I could post a pic of our room in case someone wanted to see what it looked like or what the balcony view was but I don't see a place to do that here. Believe me, if you book this room, put your worries and concerns to rest. You did pick a great room!

rocknrobn's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin 8B 6391

Plenty of room for our family of 4. Clean and just wonderful. Our daughter loved the pulldown bed and our son said the couch/bed was comfy. This was our kids first cruise and it was a real treat for us all. It really was the best vacation we've ever had. We preordered that our cabin be decorated with a 'Bon Voyage" theme as an added surprise for our kids. I was a little worried that our balcony wouldn't be very private since the walkway & hot tubs were down below, but this room was away from the hot tubs and high enough that no one really noticed our balcony. Also, I've heard people asking about noise on this floor... We never heard any ship noises. Loved our room & beautiful ship!

Miami

We stayed at the Holliday Inn at the Port of Miami. Lots of stuff to do there within walking distance.

Grand Turk

We got off the ship and enjoyed the day at the beautiful beach right at the dock. Inexpensive, beautiful, & relaxing. Shopping area there too.

City Tour

The bus tour was inexpensive but he took us around town and made a few stops along the way and told us we had 5-10 minutes to get out and look around before he'd leave again. He brought us to the fort, which was beautiful, but we literally ran up to it, posed for a picture, and had to run back to the bus. Even a half hour would have been better than 5-10 minutes. Then he dropped us back off where we began. We had the most fun walking through the shops and spending the day together.

View All 262 City Tour Reviews
ATV

I think this was the BEST day of our awesome vacation. We walked outside of the port and went to the left and followed the street down to some ATV rentals. We rented 2 mopeds & 2 ATV's (we had to wear these ridiculous WWII looking helmets) and drove around the island and went to the Airport Beach. It was so cool. We goofed off and I don't think we ever laughed so much.

Sapphire Beach

We decided to walk and find public transportation and go to a beach for the day. We found a bicycle cop in a parking lot of a grocery store and talked with him and asked his advice on the best source of transportation. As we spoke, his friend was driving by and he waved him over. His friend had a van and took us all (11 of us) to the beach for $4 each, round trip. He brought us to Sapphire Beach and we spent the day there. When we were there, we spent about $25 on snorkel equip. for our family and hung out, played in the water and on the beach. There was a football there so our guys tossed the football around on the beach. We ordered some food from the food huts and sat on the beach, under some shade trees, and ate. I think we could have just stayed there for a week...it was so beautiful. Our driver had asked us what time he should pick us up and sure enough, he was there waiting to take us back to the ship. Very nice man! Awesome day. We recognized some others there from our ship and asked them how much $ their excursion was and they paid $60 each. (hehehe) I didn't have the heart to tell them that I think our family of 4 paid about $40 total (bus fare and snorkel gear).

View All 41 Sapphire Beach Reviews