• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jul 2016
Cabin: Club Veranda Stateroom
Traveled with children

We loved this cruise mostly because of the ports of call. The cabin was great as was our cablin attendant, Andre. However the food is only mediocre and the majority of the crew do not seem very happy. They force a greeting but seem put out when you ask for anything. We had four 18-20 year olds with us and they were treated quite poorly by the crew. Our friend's cabin attendant would knock on the door and immediately open it without waiting for a response multiple times daily just checking in on them until we told him not to do so. Instead of staggering the times that the restaurants are open, they all close at the same time but you can always get room service 24/7 so it's not a real problem but it was kind of a bummer.

My daughter ordered chicken parm one night in the dining room and one of the breasts was totally raw. When we told the server, he simply asked if she would like another. I asked to speak to the chef who came out and was kind and blamed one of the chefs. Luckily my daughter did not get sick from it. The next day they sent chocolate strawberries to our room.

I would probably not cruise with Azamara. I don't think it was worth the money, nor is it comparable to an Oceania cruise.

Club Veranda Stateroom

Cabin V1

Cabin was perfect. Shower a little on the small side but fine.

4 Helpful Votes