• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

fruolo@yahoo.com
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Jul 2016
Cabin: Inside

Let me start by saying this is my 3rd time on the Dawn but my first time out of Boston. Ive been on 15 cruises and 5 with NCL. I read a lot about the dry dock and how the ship was updated. However, I saw very little different on the ship.It still has a dated feel. I traveled to Bermuda with my wife and two daughters 8 and 4 years old. The cruise was average....nothing special. I was annoyed that NCL did not give a "Free at Sea"choice because we booked a guarantee. Yes we received a good price however, that comes with a guarantee...there is no need to limit the customers and not include the incentive. This alone will strongly make me consider not to book with NCL again. Two days before the cruise I saw 30+ balcony rooms and 20+ suites available on the ship. I received an offer to to upgrade for a fee to balcony to or suite. I did not pay for the upgrade and when I arrived on the ship and seaked a complimentary upgrade since at least 30 rooms were vacant we were told that the ship was sold out. This was a Lie! I rather hear that it isn't company policy to offer upgrades then lie. Again this alone may keep me from sailing with NCL again.

Ship: Like I've stated I see marginal upgrades made during dry dock. The pool is very deep. I hoped that during the upgrade that they would have increased the floor to 4ft so people could stand in the pool. I also find it a disgrace that NCL took the Statute of Liberty off the hull of the ship. Why? B/c it isn't out of NY anymore. That is disgusting. Lady Liberty is a symbol of our country and not just NY. Removing it is a spit in the face to our country.

Cabin: Our cabin #12515 was tiny....even for interior standards. There was rust all over the vent. It seems like it was a room for two and NCL during their "upgrade" through two bunks in to house more bodies on the ship. All four of us banged out heads multiple times during the week. On the bright side our room steward Ulysses V. was outstanding and helped in making the best of a poor room situation.

Inside

Cabin IX

Port Reviews

Boston

Embarkation in Boston was great...very easy.

Find a Norwegian Dawn Cruise from $447