3. Harmony of the Seas
This was a family cruise - 9 of us in total including 3 kids under 10 and 5 first time cruisers. The first time cruisers will definitely not be one time cruisers! EMABARKATION / DISEMBARKATION - flawless process - we boarded in Civitivecchia- had all the online checkin completed in advance so probably no more than 20 minutes from taxi to boarding the ship. Luggage was delivered a couple of hours after boarding - the cabin was ready about 12.30pm. I actually liked the interporting process - only about 1300 boarded in civitivecchia so it was really easy and because so many got off in Barcelona we basically had the ship to ourselves for a few hours! CABIN - we had a balcony cabin on deck 11 midship - cabin was spacious , bright , modern and very clean. Storage was good and the bathroom was well appointed. Toiletries are not provided as standard but if you ask they will get them for you without any problem. The bed was very firm but strangely comfortable! Our cabin steward was not the chattiest we have ever had but he was polite and did his job well. We had 3 towel animals across the 7 nights. We had the surf and stream wifi package and it worked flawlessly everywhere on the ship. Faster than my home connection. PUBLIC AREAS - The ship is simply stunning. Very impressive and definitely fully finished! It includes lots of "areas". Central Park was my favorite - very relaxing to sit in a park on a ship and listen to the birds singing (they actually pipe in the sound of birds singing to make for an authentic experience! There are many more - the boardwalk with the ultimate abyss slide ( my wife tried this - I was too chicken - she loved it!) , the promenade with shops and bars , casino , pool decks , solarium (I have to say I much prefer the solarium on quantum class ships - just has a much nicer feel to it ). We enjoyed Dazzles nightclub - some really good singers and bands and we also enjoyed the schooner bar - good for people watching on the promenade while listening to a good piano player! I have made this point on a previous review for anthem of the seas but I still feel that the shops are too skewed towards luxury high end goods. The ship never really felt crowded - quite often one looked around and wondered where 6000+ people were. FOOD - I am happy to be able to say that the food was of a very high standard - and this was the opinion of all in our group. We ate in the MDR (both formal nights ) , windjammer , wonderland , Jamie's , chops grille , park cafe etc etc! Food good , service excellent. Special mention to our waiters in the MDR and chops - they went out of their way to change dishes around for us and the kids to suit our tastes - nothing was too much trouble. ENTERTAINMENT - first class. Grease , fine line , iceskating shows , Columbus , puzzle break room, tenors of rock ( had seen them on ovation earlier this year) - the first time cruisers in our party said the entertainment was the highlight for them - a lot of effort has gone in to this programme - the result is superb. STAFF - with only one or two minor exceptions the staff we encountered were friendly , helpful , smiling and a credit to the ship and the company. We are firmly of the opinion that if we treat the staff with respect they will give us a good experience and I have yet to be proved wrong. I still cringe when I see how some fellow cruisers speak to some of the crew. We met some really interesting crew members and had some very interesting chats - especially with the bar man from the boot and bonnet who was on the anthem during the storm in the Atlantic earlier this year! PORTS - we had been to all the ports on this cruise before so we only got off the ship twice - this cruise was all about the ship! In conclusion we had an amazing time on harmony. The age range of our party was 6 - 76 and harmony provided an experience for everyone. Well done Royal Caribbean - roll on the next oasis class ship!

Fabulous Harmony

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by Trixie21

Trixie21’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Cabin was spacious , modern , bright and well designed. Bed was comfortable and storage was good. Plenty of electrical outlets including some very useful USB ports. Cabin was kept clean and well serviced .
  Harmony of the Seas Deck Plans