Coral Princess Cruise Review

Never Again on Princess

Coral Princess Cruise Review by cuquimex5

• Sail Date: Jul 2016
  • Destination: Alaska

Unable to see anything of Anchorage as we had to board a bus by 11 a.m. to take us to the ship, which departed at 8.50 p.m.. Embarkation was handled very well. Our cabin was adequate, but the shower was very small and with a curtain that permitted water to get all over the floor.

Although we had anytime dining, we were told that the first night we had to go to dinner a 5 p.m.. They had two formal nights in our assigned dining room so we had to dine in one of the expensive restaurants as we had no dress clothes. The on-board newspaper giving scheduled event times was often in error, and you would arrive to hear a talk on something and it would only be people selling jewelry.

Both my husband and I came down with the flu and were quarentined to our room for 2 days, necessitating using room service. The menú for room servicew was extremely limited and when we asked for dinner rolls we were told "bread at night, you want bread order sandwich". To top this off the 2 hot dishes (lasagna and chili) were terrible. Food in other dining room and Sabatinis was good, but definitely not gourmet. Buffet was OK but was the same ítems every day.

This whole experience with Princess Cruises was a disaster. We booked the cruise through a travel agency and then contacted Princess directly to book our air through their E-Z air service as I felt they could better coordinate flights, transfers etc. than us doing it ourselves. Big mistake. They originally booked us on a flight to return home from Vancouver that had a time change that we would not have been able to take as it left before the ship arrived in Vancouver. If I had not gone on line with the airline directly I would not have been aware of this problem. I contacted Princess and advised them of this problem and asked why they had not contacted me about this time change and was given a platitude of "we are sorry" and after 45 minutes on phone was told that we would have to take a flight from Vancouver the next day after disembarkation. I asked if they could arrange hotel, sightseeing, airport transfer and was told they would. Naturally this involved a charge of $8 to 900 more. They sent me an itinery showing us going to the hotel and on a tour to Victoria Island and departing Vancouver on Sunday 7/24 at 5.40 a.m.. On arrival at the Westin we were advised that we were booked and paid for 2 nights (Sat. and Sun.) and to go on the tour Sun. at 9 a.m.! I showed them our itinery and asked how I could accomplish this if our plane left Sun. at 5. Westin told me to go directly to the Princess rep in their lobby to straighten this out. He proceeded to tell me he could do nothing that I had to contact Princess on their 800 number to get a credit to my account for the difference . I did that on reaching our room and was told that I had to send an e-mail explaining everything to receive a credit. Sent e-mail on arrival home and received an automated response that someone would contact me promptly. It is now Aug. 6 and still have no reply from Princess.

I would never go on a Princess Cruise again, nor would I recommend it to anyone else.

cuquimex5's Full Rating Summary

City Tour

Great guide, easy for us old folks.

View All 48 City Tour Reviews