3. Carnival Spirit
A family of 6 and never having been on a holiday before, we chose a cruise because it looked like a lot of fun. Our cabins were midships, 2 ocean suites with balconies and I have to say, the little bit extra that we paid for a balcony was well worth it. Especially each morning when you looked out of your sliding door and the beautiful Pacific Ocean greeted you bathed in sunlight. The beds were extremely comfortable and I hardly noticed the ship moving at all. There is more than enough storage and please, don't over pack your clothes!! You wont wear lots of clothes, maybe bring a few pairs of bathers... Our 4 daughters were in a quad room, aged between 6 and 18 we were concerned they may not get along for such a long holiday in the same room. Shouldn't have worried at all. There was so much for them to do each day that they were barely in their room except to change from bathers to clothes etc for meal times. Our two youngest weren't interested in the kids clubs but I did notice a majority of the kids on board were and they seemed to have a lot for them to do. The staff who tended our rooms were amazing and took great care in ensuring we had all that we needed. Every day we were greeted with a smile and a chat. The ship was beautiful and clean and geared toward fun and relaxation. There is a 'Serenity' area toward the back of the ship, we walked through it but didn't stop as there was too much else to do. The musicians were all fantastic and very engaging with the audience and there was a style for all tastes. Bar staff were incredibly efficient and a little cheeky which just added to the atmosphere, and I think I can honestly say the 'showtime' event in the dining room was a highlight! (All the waiters are involved in a little performance to entertain diners while they enjoy delicious food.) Initially I thought the shore excursions were expensive but we bought them anyway and I have to say there is a reason for the cost. All needs are met and the locals are fantastic. We chose Paddle boarding on Mystery island which was hysterical, the secret grotto walk in Lifou which was informative and funny at the same time, the yejele beach trip in Mare which is possibly one of the most beautiful beaches you will ever see (next to Mystery Island, that place was everything you imagine a tropical Island to be) and we went Amedee Island in Noumea. On Amedee Island the crew of the Mary D look after everything, included in the cost was glass bottom boat rides, a ride out to feed the fish on a catamaran, coconut tree climbing and lessons on how to tie a sarong. there is also a long fully catered lunch complete with cocktails and wine and a performance which was outstanding. All of this is taken care of by the crew which would consist of about 8-10 people and they have no end of energy! My kids loved every minute and we are always talking about little things that happened that we had forgotten. I would absolutely go again, I especially like the way you can pay a cruise off over time which makes managing the budget far easier. I couldn't fault the trip at all except I thought the cruise director was unnecessarily negative towards Mystery Island, He told the whole ship that there was nothing to do, believe me, the opposite is true. We didn't want to leave! If you are considering a cruise, I urge you to go. We went in April and the weather and conditions were beautiful, everyone came back with wonderful memories and stories to share

Family fun and adventure with outstanding crew and entertainment

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by reneecreek

Ages 16+
Get Carnival Spirit price drops

Ocean Suite
Cabin OS 6162
Incredibly comfortable, plenty of storage. Immaculately clean and incredible attention to detail. heating and cooling adjustable for your comfort and a spa bath.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Tropical Forest Walk 7 Secret Grotto
    A beautiful and informative walk through the forest. The two guides were funny and kept everyones interest right from the beginning. At the end there was some lovely fresh fruit, juice and breads to eat while we waited for our transport back to the beach. A word to the wise..bring reef shoes for this stop, theres a lot of crushed coral and it hurts feet! A lovely place to stop.
    View All 5 Tropical Forest Walk 7 Secret Grotto Reviews
  • Beach
    Just a beautiful beach and wonderful people. Incredibly relaxing
  • Stand Up Paddleboarding
    The guides were incredibly funny and helped show us ungainly Aussies how to atleast stay on the paddle boards. A short boat trip to some more beautiful beach and the excursion was over before we knew it!
    The island itself is just so gorgeous, its like everything you would imagine from a tropical paradise. The sand is the softest sand you could imagine and the water was so clear and clean. I did not want to leave this island. There were all sorts of trips you could book through the locals and we didn't have time to do it all.
    View All 2 Stand Up Paddleboarding Reviews
  • Amedee Island
    While expensive everything was taken care of for us including food, wine and excursions. Once again there was so much to do and not enough time to do it in. The performance they put on went for atleast an hour and it was lots of fun. The food was beautiful!
    View All 21 Amedee Island Reviews
  • City Tour
    We had to kill time before our flight back to Adelaide and this seemed like a great way to see more of Sydney and be dropped of at the airport. We went to Mrs Macquaries chair, the Gap and Bondi. As it was Anzac day, 2 bombers flew over Bondi beach as we were walking around. So beautiful
    View All 20 City Tour Reviews