3. Seven Seas Explorer
Whilst the ship is impressive, to call this a Maiden Voyage was rather a misnomer. There was nothing "special" about the cruise - no "wow" factor, no special event (not even one formal night) and the new entertainment from 'in house' Norwegian Holdings was second rate compared to what we had experience on many previous Regent cruise. I felt that I had been duped into taking a cruise that I would not otherwise have chosen. The one saving grace on the cruise was the energy, enthusiasm and entertainment provided by the Cruise Director, Ray Solaire. Layout of the ship is impressive with a lot more space in the restaurants, lounges and public/open areas but the ship does have two major drawbacks - (1) the sight lines in the theatre, particularly from the balcony are poor and there is a real safety hazard in the aisles (2) There is no outside forward observation area from which to take photographs or view the sail-ins. The staff, many of whom we had met before, were very helpful and efficient. Overall, the restaurants were a great improvement with much more space available and some nice touches - I particularly liked the viewable cooking area in Sette Mare. Also, the new menu in Compass Rose leaves one not needing to eat in the speciality restaurants as the choice is so great.

Not the Maiden Voyage that we expected

Seven Seas Explorer Cruise Review by Notts Outlaw

The staff, many of whom we had met before, were very helpful and efficient.

Notts Outlaw’s Full Rating Summary