3. Celebrity Constellation
As a longtime NCL and Silversea/Seaborne cruiser, I was anxious to check out the Celebrity Constellation mostly for the wonderful itinerary. With an overnight in Venice on the front end and ports of call including Dubrovnik, Rome, Livorno, Toulon and Barcelona how could you go wrong? The short answer is, you CAN (at least a little bit). Embarkation was a breeze, mostly because we arrived at the end--we experienced no lines at all, though I heard that just an hour before it was bedlam. Our two cabins (one suite for three ladies, one deluxe cabin for two) were perfectly adequate--the suite especially was spacious and well appointed. However, the rooms were TIRED. One of the beds in the smaller cabin was torn on the bottom, a sink in the suite was cracked, the phone was hanging off the wall, sofa saggy etc. Public areas were fine. The Crush Martini Bar in particular was fun. We were, however, strong armed almost immediately to purchase the "drinks package" which was a bit off-putting. That, coupled with the "captain's club" coupons gave me the feeling I was being nickel and dimed. On the plus side, the food on the Constellation (with the possible exception of the Tuscan Grille) was STELLAR! The suites restaurant, Lumine, captained by the wonderful Anthony was terrific. The highlight however is Ocean Liners. Wow. The food and service were not just cruise-ship good, they were world-class good! Pedro, in particular, was a ten in every way and the support staff, specifically Rocko was also top shelf. Nightlife is lacking to say the least. The one "Motown Night" in the nightclub was great--why were there not more evenings like that? There was a terrific DJ party held in the Grand Foyer--Why? The music was great, but you could not dance--only stand around. Strange... Bottom line: a newer, better maintained ship is important to me. This was a ladies trip so nightlife is also important. I think next time I'll head back to NCL.

Amazing itinerary, sensational food, non-existant nightlife, so-so ship...

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Tyme4atrip

Tyme4atrip’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Celebrity Suite
Cabin CS 7138
Tired--no hot water for three days!
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Sea Kayaking
    The bike ride was 100% downhill--did not pedal once! We were then left in a very so-so town for almost an hour before our boat (aka rust-bucket) showed up to take us TUBING--what? that was not advertised. The seas were very rough and kayaking was therefore not allowed. We walked thru the old town instead. All this for only $289 PER PERSON---YIKES
    View All 11 Sea Kayaking Reviews
  • Cinque Terre
    lots or plane, trains and automobiles (actually a LONG bus ride, followed by a LONG boat ride to the villages, followed by a train ride back to the bus). That said, our guide was terrific and we totally enjoyed the day!
    View All 91 Cinque Terre Reviews