3. MSC Opera
We choose this cruise, because it was advertised on a deal site. The destinations looked great and it was close to home. We could board in Copenhagen and we live 10 km from there. Very nice. As we know Copenhagen, being natives, we did not explore the city before or after our cruise. But I can surely recommend a canal tour, if you want to see all the sights in a wonderful way. And I take it, you like to sail ;) Embarkation and disembarkation went super smooth. The local people helping with luggage was very friendly and in a super mood, which added to the experience. The ship has a good size, not too big. We had an inside cabin which was configured great. The lack of window was fixed by the tv channel 30, with webcam from the bridge. We knew it would be very light nights in Norway, so it was fine with darkness at night. We were not so impressed by the dinning. We had great fellow travellers at our table but the waiters were not into the kind of service we have experienced on other cruises. The white wine was always warm which was not nice. Even after we told them, they still served warm white wine :( Entertainment was fine expecially the opera singers in the cafe "Amokka" they were wonderful. Cabin service was very fine. Shore excoursions: We were on one, and ended up on a German/Italian guided tour, as there were not enough English speaking who booked. It went fine, but of course it had been easier with a language I was more familiar with. We did not travel with children, but a lot of others did. And we saw, what we think were several generations travelling together, celebrating a birthday or so. Good idea. I am not sure I would go with MSC again, we prefer the American cruise lines, for better service, food and because they only announce in English. If you consider going for the first time - I am sure you will find this cruise great. The destinations were wonderful and the sea was calm all the way.

Great First Timer Cruise

MSC Opera Cruise Review by White Tara

• Sail Date: July 2016
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Fantastica Interior Stateroom

The ship has a good size, not too big.

White Tara’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Opera price drops

Fantastica Interior Stateroom
Cabin I2 10178
Great configuration, felt more spacious because of this.
Turandot Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins