3. Carnival Paradise
This was our first cruise with Carnival Cruise Lines. We normally sail on Royal Caribbean. Our cruise last year on Brilliance of the Seas was very disappointing so we decided to give Carnival a try. We were pleasantly surprised by Carnival. We had such a wonderful experience from checking in at the terminal to boarding the ship. Our room steward Jeanette was wonderful. Our room was ready shortly after boarding. We had a cabin with two portholes. Very spacious and clean. I celebrated my birthday during this cruise and Jeanette had made it great by writing happy birthday on our cabin mirror and I also received 3 gift cards to use on the ship ($50 off at the spa, $25 off in the photo gallery, and $25 off a bottle of wine). I have been on Royal Caribbean ship for my birthday before and did not receive any type of treatment like that. I do have to say that Paradise is a small ship and is a little outdated but we could not have asked for a better time. The production shows in the theater were amazing, especially the 80's pop show. The also hosted a Hasbro game show (were the board games are life size) great for families with kids. We loved singing along with Craig in the piano bar and laughing with Paul Lyons at the Punchliner Comedy Club. Our dining experience was good. We were not crazy about our seating arrangements. We had a booth that could seat 6 people (very cozy) but we were lucky enough that one couple did not show up for dinner the whole time, so it was just 4 of us. But there are several circular and rectangular tables throughout the dining room. There are two dinning rooms, the Destiny (our dining room) and the Elation (had timed seating and "my time dining only"). Food was good and we had a good selection of dinner options nightly. Service was very good (can't complain). Our port of call was Cozumel, MX. We have been to Cozumel several times. This time we decided to do something different, so we book the Salsa, Salsa & Margaritas excursion. We had an awesome time learning how to make margaritas and 6 different kinds of salsa. After that it was salsa dancing time with our amazing dancing chefs Stephanie and Karla. Our tour guides Fernando and Lulu were very informative and fun. We could not have asked for a better vacation. I can honestly say that Carnival exceeded our expectations with this cruise. We are currently booked for another cruise on Carnival for next year as well. If your looking for a short getaway and on a budget I definitely recommend cruising on the Carnival Paradise.

Exceeded Expectations!!

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by kam730

kam730’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Porthole
Cabin PT U12
Very spacious and clean. We had a wonderful cabin steward (Jeanette). We did hear some noise from the engines but otherwise it was pretty quiet. The room is located more towards the front of the ship so you don't really hear any of the activity noises. We were very happy with our cabin. Even though we had two portholes we were still had a pretty good view out the windows.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins