3. Coral Discoverer
An amazing "Bucket List" trip! My husband and I decided to see some of Australia and wanted a trip with a "cultural experience" on an Expedition type of cruise. We decided on a trip to the Kimberley area of Australia. As my husband is a teacher we needed to book early to secure a cabin on The Coral Discoverer. This boat only takes 72 passengers which we loved as you really get to know the staff and other passengers. In fact I can honestly say "Small" ship cruising is by far our favourite type of cruising. From the moment we boarded in Broome we were treated like royalty. Personally shown to our wonderful cabin & everything explained in detail to us. There were only 23 Australian crew on board but they are all multi skilled and do a wonderful job of looking after everyone. The food was exceptional and prepared by 2 young chefs who gave us every type of cuisine imaginable from a Seafood Feast to an amazing beach bbq! It was of excellent quality and used local products. Every day was a delight of delicious and interesting food. Our cabin was well equipped with a King Size comfortable bed, couch, desk and double wardrobe. A small but very functional ensuite bathroom serviced twice daily was also good. The excursions were wonderful & run by very knowledgeable leaders who were very well organized and always adhered to a rigorous safety program. The Xplorer excursion vessel was perfect for getting into shallow waters and we had a mixture of wet and dry landings. I highly recommend taking reef sandals. Upon returning to the main ship we were greeted by staff at the bar ready to serve us cold drinks, or my favorite, the new State of the Art Coffee Machine. This machine enabled all of us coffee lovers to get our daily caffeine fix at the push of a button! There was often afternoon tea or baskets of fruit too. Most days it was very smooth sailing; only 1 rough day as we approached Darwin at the end of our trip. I would highly recommend this trip for any adventurous adults. Would not recommend for small children as there is nothing to entertain them & they would be bored. Overall an amazingly different type of cruise & yes I would go again!

An Amazing Bucket List Trip

Coral Discoverer Cruise Review by julieswedosh@hotmail.com

An amazing "Bucket List" trip!

Overall an amazingly different type of cruise & yes I would go again!
julieswedosh@hotmail.com’s Full Rating Summary