3. Disney Magic
We arrived in Copenhagen 2 days before our cruise and had a chance to get acclimated to the time change, do a city tour and enjoy Tivoli Gardens. It was our second visit to Copenhagen and it was absolutely delightful. We visited the Viking Museum in Oslo and did the Hop-on/off tour. There was very little information on that tour, a bit disappointing but a lovely drive through the city. There were a few other things I wanted to do in Oslo but had resistance from my 14 year-old traveling companion so I decided to save those for next time. In Kristiansand we did the Rib Boat tour and it was fabulous. I could have spent more time exploring the small islands, but it was a really fun tour and a huge hit with the teenager. After the boat we had plenty of time to explore the city and have lunch, it was delightful. My favorite Norwegian port was our stop in Bergen. We walked to the Funicular and had no line for tickets. I could have spent a whole day hiking up there, but it was a short port day. I wish we had had more time there. Iceland was amazing but we spent soooooo much time in cars. I'm glad we got the brief view of the country, but I wouldn't recommend this as a cruise destination simply because it is so vast and there is so much to see, difficult to do in 3 days. We had private tours in both Akureyri and Reykjavick. The tours were awesome. Our first stop in Scotland was interesting, we did the Disney Port Adventures Neolithic tour. Very cool, we were back on the ship early which always makes the teen happy. My favorite was our Invergorden/Inverness and Loch Ness tour on our last port. Our guide was hilarious, and despite bus drama, we had a delightful time. A highlight of our trip was visiting the Warner Brothers Harry Potter studio tour on our disembarkation day. Do this if you can! I loved the length of this cruise, it was my first over 7 nights. I absolutely loved having 3 days at sea. Embarkation and disembarkation were easy and smooth. Food was fine, my kid was happy and I didn't starve. My frustration is always the over crowded buffet, some woman took a serving spoon right out of my hand while I was trying to dish myself an egg benedict. Loved the entertainment! Service on this cruise felt a little less than the magic I am used to from my previous Disney cruises, staff was a bit cold and rushed. Would I go again? Yes! We booked an Alaskan cruise while we were onboard this ship.

Delightful Summer on the North Sea

Ages 13 to 15
Get Disney Magic price drops

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 05B 7030
We loved being on the midship area, away from the elevators. The veranda is great, especially going through the fjords and archipelago.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins