Magellan Cruise Review

CMV - don't book if you're under 60!

Magellan Cruise Review by Amanda73

• Sail Date: Jul 2016
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea

I chose this cruise as it visited some great cities: Copenhagen, Warnemunde, Tallin, St Petersburg, Helsinki and Stockholm, I booked through Solos holidays so I would have other solo travellers to have dinner with.

From the moment I arrived at Tilbury I knew it was a mistake. The waiting room to board was like God's waiting room - full of the old and infirm.

I was asked twice within 30 secs of boarding by crew if I was 'alone' - thanks for reminding me.

Cabin was very out of date, in dire need of a refurb. I paid £468 extra for an outside cabin (window, no balcony) and then found out 2 people in the Solos group had been given outside cabins without paying the extra.

Daily programme (4 days at sea so you need some activities): they were the activities my grandma did in her old people's home : making a card, making a needle case, chair aerobics, line dancing, bingo.

Plus: I could run up and down the stairs with no obstruction - all old people queuing for lifts.

Food at dinner was nice, breakfast and lunch were average and a scrum to get a seat/ elbow the fatties out of the way. Drinks package is good value.

On sea days when the sun came out it was impossible to get a seat in the sheltered area, full of ancients asleep with their mouths hanging open.

It's a shame, although the destinations were great, the experience on the ship left me v disappointed with this holiday (and it cost me £2k plus so was not cheap).

Amanda73's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Superior single 6120

Dated. 2 narrow single beds.

Amanda73