• Newsletter
  • Write a Review
  • Boards
  • Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

MSC Musica Review

3.5 / 5.0
Editor Rating
618 reviews
1 Award

Cattle Call

Review for MSC Musica to the Baltic Sea
User Avatar
gutscallahan
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Rating by category

Cabin
Value for Money
Embarkation
Dining
Public Rooms
Entertainment
Fitness & Recreation
Service

Additional details

Sail Date: Jul 2016
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom

We chose because of ports of cal.,.worst cruise ever and we have been on many. This ship squeezes a dime out of every nickle. Food was below hospital quality...small amounts and the buffet was every man and woman for themselves, even the waiters will knock you out of the way, MSC needs to retrain their staff, 80 % are just ok, the other 20% have a very bad attitude. We have been on over 12 cruises...this line does not even get close to our worst, Carnival. Money is their only mission. My travel agent tried to talk me out of taking this line...I now know why. Find another ship. We needed to fight to get decaf coffee every morning. They must keep it in a safe.Abandoned the dinner seating after 2 nights and preferred the buffet as the quality and quantity of the food was a bit better. On a great side note, the ship's hospital and staff were great. Please find another line or be prepared. There is a lack of information on how to get to the ship and from the train station in Kiel. I only stumbled upon in train station. Many passengers tried to walk or tried to get a cab. It was quite far to the ship. MSC had a shuttle but never informed us. For 5 euros a bag you were in. Poor communication at best on more than one occasion. The cabin was sufficient, typical cruise, small but functional. The customer service people really tried, but were restricted by the powers that be. Embarkation and debarkation went very smooth. It is nice that you can take your own bags off this ship. My main concern with the Musica was the food and lack of service by the staff. Never before have we been treated like steerage.

Cabin Review

Balcony Stateroom

Cabin B1

average typical cruise cabin.

8 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an MSC Musica Cruise from $189

Want to cruise smarter?
Get expert advice, insider tips and more.
By proceeding, you agree to Cruise Critic’s Privacy and Cookies Statement and Terms of Use.
About UsCruise DestinationsFirst Time CruisersFind A Cruise

Share your feedback

International Sites

© 1995—2022, The Independent Traveler, Inc.

  • Privacy and Cookies Statement

  • Terms of Use

  • Site Map

  • Cookie Consent