Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review

Mixed Bag

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by nicolebit

• Sail Date: Jun 2016
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea

Hmmm, if I had to do it again.. Not so sure I'd opt for RCC. I'd probably go with a higher class ship. There were some good aspects about our cruise but these were largely generated by our own doing. We like to walk, we walk miles everyday and I suppose you could do this on most any ship! Here is a list of what was NOT great:

High volume food; but LOW quality

Not a 'grand' ship, i.e. MSC Musica far better tho the ratings not great.

Don't bother with the ships internet, get your own hotspot. 80% time it failed. I brought my sky roam hotspot along with the trip and it worked like a charm. Only problem is that I had to rely on the ships internet when out at sea and most times it failed. I could get it loaded, kind of, but wouldn't even open an email. Ship refused to reimburse me for this crap service. Even tho they were suppose to have the faster service.

The VERY worst was disembarkation in Southampton

Here is where they totally failed.

If a health and safety officer had been on board, I'm pretty sure this cruise would have been seriously sanctioned on this process alone. We were stuck with hundreds of other poor folks in a holding area whilst we waited to self disembark. There was absolutely NO accommodation for the poor handicap guests who ran over the toes, got into fights with those queuing up to exit, etc. No one, including the staff could control the crowds opting to take there luggage and get off the ship. People were videoing the process and spreading the word to upload to Youtube for the record of the misery created by RCC poor planning and inadequate communication. Elevators jammed and many with disabilities were completely abandoned. It truly was a potential disaster.

The good:

Ship was relatively clean

Whilst food was not great quality, I like that dining was flexible

Room attendant friendly and efficient.

** The dining staff literally hounded us for our feedback, trying to convince us of quality. To be fair, they tried really hard but I felt so sad for them; that their jobs seem to depend on customers being pleased. How can they please anyone with bad food? It was clearly a reflection on RCC policies and that really turned me off -- that these poor people had to cater to dissatisfied guests by 'convincing' them things were alright.

Weather impacted our cruise, we missed Brussels altogether - no reimbursement for this. Poor communication from staff regarding how we might plan accordingly. Everyone told a different story.

At the end of the day, I refused to pay the customary tipping fee and simply gave my room attendant cash tip.

Wasn't horrible cruise, wasn't great either.

nicolebit's Full Rating Summary