• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

nancier
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: May 2016
Cabin: Veranda Stateroom

BUYER BEWARE!! Viking purports to be the cruise line that takes care of everything for you. You can't even book a cruise on line - you need either a travel agent or a Viking representative to do it for you. They take wonderful care of you.....Until you pay your money. Once you pay, you are on your own. We paid $18,989 for a 12 day Prague to Paris cruise. Viking took care of the airfare. We left our home at noon on Wednesday and arrived in Prague at 8:30 PM on Thursday (no airline delays) only to find that everyone else on the cruise had arrived at 9 AM on Thursday. There was a reception earlier in the day. There were no Viking representatives to greet us - actually the airline lost our luggage and there was no one who we could talk to at Viking. We filled out the requested survey - and heard nothing. I sent a letter to Viking and got a call. Their representative told me that it was up to me to "raise any questions I may have regarding air arrangements" when I received our documents. I didn't know I had any questions until we arrived in Prague and found out that we were the only ones who had lost a full day of travel. The bottom line is that you will be charged for a 12 day cruise (we had to leave at 6 AM on the last day) but you will only have a 10 day vacation. Other than the airfare the food was ok (dinners in particular weren't great), our cabin had severe ceiling water leaks which they had to fix twice. The staff is excellent and does whatever they to help.

Veranda Stateroom

Leaky ceiling which they had to fix twice (extensive issue that involved pulling down the air system from the ceiling). Also, the bathroom has a frosted glass door and it is right alongside the bed. If you or your partner prefer bathroom privacy, this is not the cruise for you!

Port Reviews