3. Star Legend
Did a circumnavigation of Iceland. Ship was in very good condition, considering its age (but it did have a refurb last May). A few minor things could have been better, tho. Liked our window stateroom - at 277 sq. ft, it was large for a very small ship. Everything in good working order. Asked for feather pillows, and our room steward got them for me. Food, for the most part, was very good. My wife had a standard steak in AmphorA that was not very good, but the filet mignon in Candles was excellent. Otherwise, I'd rate it very good. Lots of variety for on-deck BBQ, incl lobster. But did not open Verandah for breakfast or lunch, due to chilly weather. Very pleased with wait staff in restaurants! Gave 3 of them an extra tip. We were on the Star Legend's inaugural voyage last May, and some of the staff remembered us. My wife remembered the casino mgr when she was with another cruise line; they bonded. Shorex varied from Good to Fair; ditto for tour leaders -- primarily English language skills (accent and vocabulary). But remember you're in very small towns (several hundred to a few thousand), so not a lot of population to draw from for tourism. Only truly negative was a local actor who came on board for a one-man show on one of the Icelandic sagas, He was terrible! Overall, a very good experience and I'd go again on one of Windstar's power yachts. Ignore the negative reviews - chalk it up to "learning curve". Give Windstar a try.

A good Windstar experience in Iceland