3. Grandeur of the Seas
This cruise was a booking as part of a larger group booking with families of 25 teenage girls that had a chance to dance on the ship through their local dance company. This is why it was chosen, with the idea in mind that Bermuda is a relatively crime free island and a place where we felt comfortable to take such a large group overall. This was my 4th cruise with Royal Caribbean and fell within our 20 year wedding anniversary. I usually do not write reviews, but this cruise with Royal Caribbean was less than stellar. First, this is the second time, of my past 2 cruises on Royal Caribbean; we were supposed to receive an onboard credit and did not receive it. Once on the ship, guest services told us, once again, there is nothing they could do, that we would have to contact our travel agent at the end of the trip. It was only for a lousy $50.00, but it is still the point that they couldn’t offer even something in exchange. Dinner service our first night was poor and slow until we complained, then it picked up the following services but it was still slow overall. We had the beverage package and it took nearly ½ hour to get a glass of wine. Service in Chop's Grille our second night was horribly long, we missed the captain's party because of it......2 &1/2 hours for dinner? The waiter was inattentive and the manager ended up clearing our plates. Again there was slow bar service at the table. The steaks and food overall in Chop's Grille were no better than in the dining room, I expected better quality for the extra $30.00pp it cost to eat there There was only 1 show time for most shows, we missed the welcome aboard show and the final evening show because dinner took so long, there were no late show seating’s offered. The shows and costumes were outdated and there were only late night comedian performances 2 out of the 5 nights, nightlife was dead. The ship has very little to do compared to many past cruises I have been on and there were not a lot of amenities, no mini golf, every ship at least has mini-golf for the kids. The rock climbing wall had limited open climb hours and for most of them, it was closed down due to wind while we were sailing. The jogging track was closed also 2 times when we wanted to use it and because the gym was so small, that was not an alternative option. My daughter and her friends went to the movie hoping they could swim while watching the movie, but they closed the pool when they got there and 2 of the 4 hot tubs were closed, the other 2 were filled with people. They also waited 1/2 hour in line at the movie for popcorn only to find out that they were selling it for $3.00, not giving it out like all other past cruises we’ve been on. Is Royal Caribbean really that hard up that they cannot give popcorn out for free with the movies like other cruise lines? The 24hr ice cream was not available after 9PM most nights, we found out later on the ship tour, that it was being rationed most of the trip because they did not have enough and that they later ran out of ice cream base because not enough was ordered. My mother in law had her walker taken and placed on the other side of the metal detector coming back in from port. After walking all day and with tired legs, she was asked to walk about 10 feet past the metal detectors to get it back. The next day, after complaining, she was offered a wooden cane to go through the metals detectors. When inquiring about a future cruise we were very interested in booking, I thought I would get a better deal booking on the ship, but the deal was actually $200-$300 more than what I pulled up online the week before for the same cruise. The future cruise associate was not engaged or very interested in making the sale, so we decided we would definitely wait for a better option. This being my 9th cruise, I've always thought Royal Caribbean was superior to other cruise lines, but not after this cruise or on this ship. I’ve since booked Carnival for my next cruise experience.

Royal Caribbean - Grandeur of the Seas - June 2016

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by jazmyn012

• Sail Date: June 2016
  • Destination: Bermuda

jazmyn012’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

Our cabin was the average inside cabin, our cabin steward, Rolly, was the best experience of our trip, always attentive and friendly.
  Grandeur of the Seas Deck Plans

• King's Wharf
    The Snuba Experience was fun for us and the kids, our second time in as many years. The water at Snorkel Beach where the excursion was based, was very cloudy and stirred up because it was a public beach. Once we dove deeper, it cleared some what, but the fish and flora were not as vibrant as when we did it in St. Thomas. We also had to split up our group of 5 because only 4 could go with 1 raft, this is not clearly stated in the description of the excursion.
    View All 13,534 King's Wharf Cruise Port Reviews