3. Empress of the Seas
Top things I enjoyed: 1 Shows were great 2 Key West fun to tour on our own 3 Grand Cayman 5 hr excursion with Capt Marvin was fantastic Top things that surprised me: 1. No formal night 2. No smoking at casino 3. embarkation took 5 minutes 4, there are 3 hot tubs, each take 6 persons. I always found space but at night 2 are closed at 10pm as is the pool so little kids took over 5. For a small ship, it never felt crowded. I always found a chair by the pool and the only line was for 10:30 snacks at windjammer. 6. We ate dinner at 530 so we can enjoy the show and activities. By 9:30 we would be famished but nothing open until 10:30 where jammer served leftover lunch stuff and long hungry lines. No pizza or fries for the poor kids. Started hording muffins from breakfast. 7. Ice cream only open for lunch. Only water and coffee available unless jammer is open then flavored water available inside. Top things I hated: 1. Kids kids kids everywhere. They took over every event even those labeled adults only. Little kids not teens at sexiest man contest, karaoke, disco night, eighties night, every line dance and even snorkeling in the hot tubs. At one point we were watching batman at the pool while little ones danced the night away at the club. No exaggeration so be ready. Their cruise director takes them, they even tried to start a conga line with kids at the pool party. What adult wants to hold on to a 6 year old and dance. 2. Guest services treats gold members as poor relations and really try to discourage you from returning. If you are not doing a rci shore excursion, they do not give you any info as to what else is available if you want to explore on your own. The only thing worse then being a gold member is not doing a rci shore excursion. 3. There is a smell, it has to do with the fuel and comes up through the carpet. Shower tiles were black. I will not be returning.

Great shows! Not so great customer services! Lots of Kids!

Empress of the Seas Cruise Review by 2939vivian

• Sail Date: July 2016
  • Destination: Caribbean
Top things I enjoyed:

1 Shows were great

2 Key West fun to tour on our own

3 Grand Cayman 5 hr excursion with Capt Marvin was fantastic

Top things that surprised me:

1. No formal night

2. No smoking at casino

3. embarkation took 5 minutes

Top things I hated:

I will not be returning.
2939vivian’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas price drops

Just right for a couple. Shower was okay in size but floor tiles were black so wear slippers. Attendant was great. No smell or noise. AC mostly good except in the middle of the night it feels like someone turns it down or it gets tired. No complaints just petty issues for us.
  Empress of the Seas Deck Plans