3. Norwegian Jewel
The ship is very dated The food was not very good anywhere in the free places, not sure about paying for more since we did not go to the pay restaurants. I felt like my college food was better then the Deck 12 Buffet. The Staff did not seem happy Always a line to get on the ship, off the ship. We checked in at noon and did not get our bags to our room until 7 PM The kids program was not very good, lots of things were canceled due to weather but it was totally fine. The shows were average at best, and the themes seemed to repeat each night with the same acts - the rope couple, the comedian, etc. We have been on most cruise lines and will never go on a NCL boat again - I think Carnival might even be a better option. Stick to a a boat that is not older then 5 years old, this boat is tired. Overall your better to pay a little more and go with a better cruise line.

This old boat needs to be sent to the graveyard.

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by Oceangoing007

• Sail Date: July 2016
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony
The ship is very dated

I felt like my college food was better then the Deck 12 Buffet.

The Staff did not seem happy

Always a line to get on the ship, off the ship.

We checked in at noon and did not get our bags to our room until 7 PM

Oceangoing007’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MX
Not on the boat to watch TV, but the TV programs were limited.

Older cabins, very very tired. It felt like an old casino in most of the public spaces.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins