3. Magellan
Chose this cruise as I had always wanted to visit St Petersburg. Magellan, despite her age is in fair condition and my inside single cabin was comfortable and clean, indeed the cabin steward did an excellent job whilst remaining unobtrusive. Food on board was just about what I expected for the price paid. The buffet breakfast remained unvaried throughout and there was enough choice to satisfy everyone. Lunch, I stuck to the 'buffet' , again provided plenty of choice and quality was average. Dinner, table service often slow but good variety and the quality slightly better than breakfast or lunch. Entertainment was average and if you were on second sitting for dinner, involved you going to the early show which lasted 45 mins and then you rushed straight to your table. I found the crew friendly, attentive and eager to please. Drinks, were of average quality and price and if you are an average drinker I would recommend taking the 'Drinks package' which at £17 per day is very good value.The overall standard of cleanliness and hygiene on board was very high. Excursions, though not cheap were well organised and overall value for money. Overall, I enjoyed the whole experience and would consider cruising with Cruise & Maritime again.

Good choice of stops, average ship but excellent crew.

Magellan Cruise Review by Steve W B