3. Westerdam
I chose this cruise because it was an In Touch Ministries cruise. The entertainment and speakers were wonderful. Dr. Charles Stanley and Andy Stanley were very inspiring, and all of the singing groups were not only exceptional, but they were also very engaging when approached on the ship. The ship needs some repair. The fabric on the couch in our stateroom was worn, and the couch was not comfortable. There was rust on the deck of our balcony. There were other places on the ship where paper was peeling away from the wall. Repairs and upgrades are needed. The food was good, but our waiter was very unfriendly and at times rude. Our water glasses were never refilled. This was my 4th cruise, 3 others being on other cruise lines. This ship did not measure up to the other cruise lines I've been on. We went dog sledding in Juneau, and that was very enjoyable. The weather was warm and very unexpected. We just St walked the streets of Sitka and went to the totem pole exhibit. That was interesting and worth going to. Ketchikan was my favorite stop. There was lots of great shopping there. We weren't in Victoria very little NGOs but went to the Butchart Gardens. It was beautiful and ended with tea and scones. I highly recommend it.

Cruising in Alaska

Westerdam Cruise Review by nnance88

• Sail Date: July 2016
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Large Outside Stateroom (partial sea views)

nnance88’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Westerdam price drops

Large Outside Stateroom (partial sea views)
Cabin G 5086
The cabin was small but comfortable. The couch was worn and uncomfortable.
Upper Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins