3. Norwegian Spirit
We decided to go on another Norwegian Cruise after having a wonderful cruise on the Jewel in 2006. This time we thought we would drive to New Orleans because it would be cheaper. So we went on the Norwegian Spirit. All of the crew seemed tired and treated us poorly except for Merry Ann who is a waitress in Windows. She was the only crew member to smile at us other than our steward. Some of the Galaxy of the Stars waiters and waitresses were even rude. We barely saw our cruise director. The food throughout the ship was terrible except Windows. We ate there 3 times. We went to Cagney's(with an upcharge of 25.00). I had lobster and steak, both tough. We also went to Teppanyaki(with an upcharge of 25.00). The guy cooking was nice but the food, just okay. The Blue Lagoon which is opened 24 hours is a joke! It is soooo small you can't ever get a seat.

BINGO is a big rip off. They are making a fortune on this game. $39.99 to play 4 games, loads of people there yet only 3 games paying around 300 each and some got a penthouse sweet because no one was in it. That costs them nothing. The casino takes a BIG rake on the table games.

Now for the ship itself which is old, creaky and smelly. You can hear through the walls as if the person is in the room with you. Someone said they were staying on the casino floor and could hear the roulette wheel all not. The elevators weren't working part of the time which made the passengers grouchy. Not a soul I spoke to enjoyed this cruise.

I worked hard to pay for this cruise and expected much more. We heard from others that Royal Caribbean and Carnival are much better. All I can say is Royal Caribbean here I come!

BIG DISAPPOINTMENT

Rates
Ages 16+

Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OB 5602
Cabin was room but you could hear through the walls
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins