3. Rhapsody of the Seas
I booked this cruise based on the ports and overall were very pleased. My mom joined my husband and I so we booked a Family Ocean View stateroom on deck 4. This was the perfect room for us with a separate sleeping area for my mom. The room had large black out curtains to help create privacy or have someone watch TV on the couch if others were sleeping. It is very close to the elevator, but had very little noise. I would book this room again. After booking, we realized we had been on this ship before in 2002 to Mexico and then again in Alaska. We were anxious to see the ship and the improvements. Everything was clean and in good working order in the cabin and throughout the ship. The common areas were nice, tastefully decorated and in good shape. We enjoyed getting to know the staff and were surprised at how quickly the staff learned our names and our preferences. My husband has an egg allergy and the head waiter came around nightly after dinner to help him preview the menu to ensure he had choices for each course at dinner. The bartenders in the Centrum and in the dining room remembered our drinks and always had them ready when we arrived. It was wonderful to get to know them and appreciate how friendly and ready to serve everyone was on board. We arrived in Venice 3 days before the cruise and enjoyed exploring the city. We arrived by 11:30 for embarkation and were pleasantly surprised to find out our ship was the only one in port. This made it easy to navigate and we were on board quickly. Disembarkation was just as smooth. We had an early flight out of Venice so we kept our luggage and walked off easily to our private transfer. Ports included Olympia (Katakolon), Crete (Chania), Mykonos, Santorini, Ephesus (Kusadasi), Athens (Piraeus), and one day/night in Venice before disembarkation. We arrived on time at all ports. I had booked private excursions at 4 of the ports and had no lines exiting the ship. We did leave the ship early each time, within an hour of docking. I heard there were lines much later in the day. Tendering was also easy at Mykonos and Santorini. There were several crew members to help passengers get on and off safely. We lucked out and were the only ship in port at most of our stops. In Santorini, being the only ship is port meant a short line to ride the cable car! We ate breakfast and dinner in the main dining room daily. The quality of food was good, but the selection was limited with several entrees repeating nightly. I don't remember this on our previous trips. Lunch is the Windjammer was good with lots of choices. The service usually outdid the food. On cruise days, we enjoyed playing trivia, line dancing, the casino, sitting by the pool or bingo. There were plenty of choices and we also had fun just sitting and visiting with new friends. We also celebrated our 28th anniversary on board and were surprised by our room steward with swan towels, banners, and a door sign. With my pre-planning and the friendly staff, we enjoyed this cruise a lot. There were many small touches from the staff that made the trip even more special and one we will remember for many years.

Rhapsody Review - loved it!

Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by Musicmama11

• Sail Date: July 2016
  • Destination: Greece

Musicmama11’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas price drops

Loved this set up. It gave us extra room which was appreciated with 3 adults in a cabin. Having two closets was also nice. The only thing that was difficult was the lack of electrical outlets, which I assume is from being an older ship. There were only 2 outlets at the vanity. Luckily, we had the adapters for the other two outlets so we could charge all of our phones at once.
  Rhapsody of the Seas Deck Plans