• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Freedom of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
28 Awards

Family Cruise that did not disappoint!

Review for Freedom of the Seas to the Western Caribbean
Templefan
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Apr 2009
Cabin: Junior Suite
Traveled with children

My wife, son and I left Michigan on Saturday, April 11, 2009, everything went smooth and arrived in FLL about 4:00 PM. Once arrived I turned on my cell phone and had a message waiting from SAS Transportation. The message was from the driver who said once we retrieved our luggage to call and they would be there within a few minutes. Went down to luggage, called and within 5 minutes we were on our way to the JW Marriott in Miami. Hotel was great, no problems. Went to Bayside with some friends that night, great place to hang out and get ready for the cruise.

Sunday- Left Hotel via cab for the Port of Miami, ADVICE: When you get into the cab and the driver asks if you are familiar with the area say YES. I knew from going to bayside it was a short ride, maybe a $10.00 cab ride, not thinking I said no and all of a sudden we are taking a tour of down town Miami. Lesson learned.

Room: 9284 Junior Suite, very very nice. The extra room was great. It would be had to get anything smaller on our next cruise.

Junior Suite