Star Princess Cruise Review

Never a dull moment

Star Princess Cruise Review by Behindtheboard

• Sail Date: Jul 2016
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)

Star Princess was a worthy ship. Basically when choosing between the different itineraries, I was looking for Anchorage to Vancouver. I was very happy with the itinerary, stopping at Hubbard Glacier, Glacier Bay, Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan. We took advantage of excursions in Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan and was very happy with the ports of call.

That being said, I was ultimately pleasantly surprised by how awesome the ship experience was. There was constant entertainment and activities. The head waiters in the anytime dining took care of me. I have a gluten intolerance and they took special care to let me see the menu the night before so I could order in advance.

Every evening there was a movie playing on a bigscreen on the 14th deck as well as many recent releases on the television in our cabin. We took a cha-cha dance lesson, there was karaoke and dancing as well as very entertaining shows in the theatre..we very much enjoyed their show "British Invasion". Every afternoon there was a string trio playing in the Piazza which we made sure to attend. In the evenings after catching dinner and/or a show we especially enjoyed the music in Crooners Bar. The lounge singer "Funche" was very fun and had a huge catalogue of music. Lionel Richie, Marvin Gaye, Barry White, The Beatles and many more. He did all the hits.

Behindtheboard's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OW E607

Our cabin was great. A little small but everything was fine. Our cabin steward was very nice and the views from our obstructed view window were just fine. We even saw whales outside our window. There was a fridge in our cabin that we didn't really use but we could have.

Mendenhall Glacier Rafting

We took a hike into a glacial Ice Cave. It was absolutely amazing!

View All 48 Mendenhall Glacier Rafting Reviews
Lumberjack Show

Very fun. Exactly what we expected.

View All 333 Lumberjack Show Reviews
Helicopter Tour

Awesome sightseeing over the East Arm of Glacier Bay. Very cool flying over an ice field above the Glaciers

View All 64 Helicopter Tour Reviews
Anchorage

This is where the name land of the midnight sun comes from. Seriously it was 2am and still light outside.

Behindtheboard