Empress of the Seas Cruise Review
1,390 Reviews

Don't let the negative reviews fool you

Empress of the Seas Cruise Review by dhillon105

• Sail Date: Jul 2016
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

We chose this cruise because other family members were already booked, and we wanted to join them. I did no research before hand, so after we booked it, I started to look into the ship and the ports of call. I was a little worried because of all the negative reviews, but we had a great time. It really is what you make of it.

The negatives- the ship is small, rooms are small, and the pool is very small!! For me, the pool was the only hang up. It got hot sitting on the deck and the pool was jammed packed, so getting into the pool to cool off was a challenge. We still made it work. We got up close and personal to some strangers and just made friends that much faster!! It was easy getting on and off the ship. We didn't have to wait in line long at all even at the tender port. The food is good, entertainment was good and definitely worth our time, and the staff was excellent! It was a less expensive cruise, so it was totally worth it. Me and my family (10 in all) had a blast!!! I would definitely go again!

dhillon105's Full Rating Summary

Miami

We stayed in Miami a few days before the cruise and had a blast!

Snorkeling

This was an excellent snorkeling experience. It was my first time and the staff was extremely helpful and informative. The reef was beautiful and we saw many fish, a stingray, and even a baby shark!!

View All 340 Snorkeling Reviews
City Tour

This tour was an off/on trolly ride with really great stops along the way. It was an 1 1/2 hour long tour, but you can get off at stops like Hemmingway's house, shopping, southern most point, museums, etc.

View All 44 City Tour Reviews
Parasailing

We went parasailing with Fury and had a great time. 1 hour on the boat 12 minutes in the air! The staff was friendly and informative. They took pictures of us taking off and in the air, which was nice, but too expensive-$40 for a few pictures on a $4 sim card.

View All 34 Parasailing Reviews