3. Aegean Odyssey
I chose this tour on the recommendation of a friend and travel professional. I felt completely duped. the fire on board would have been forgivable if the crew had remotely been professional. Instead, the chief service manager opted to offer free booze--I suppose the idea was to intoxicate us enough to forget we had no hot water, were getting a bus tour not a cruise and we had already paid for all the beverages we could drink. The staff was unable to make accommodations so the luxury room I was promised had a three day view of an ugly port. YOu take a cruise to bring your hotel room with you. That doesn;t work if you are on a bus for the part of the day you would be travelling. And then once fixed they cancelled ports left and right. So, we didn't get what we paid for; we had lectures on rocks moving but we never visited un-enhanced geography so who cares? and the meals were uninspired. For $1000./day, you would think that the kitchen would attempt to make some regional dishes and desserts. Instead, most desserts tasted similarly and Indian food (delicious but we are in Europe, not Asia) and Mexican food,really? is not appreciated when there are plenty of regional dishes in Europe. Nothing was done to repair the disappointment of looking at the ugliest port in Europe instead of waves for 3 days and looking at the seat in front of you on a bus instead of drinking tea and most of all the unprofessional and disrespectful manner that the crew, especially the lead officer below the captain, dealt with the passengers.

Voyages to antiquity; 1 1/2 star treatment for 5 star prices