3. Norwegian Spirit
Where do I start, This cruise was our 73rd and the worst one we have ever sailed on. We picked this one for a family holiday and mainly because of it,s itinerary. The ports were fabulous and nothing bad to say about any of them. Now the disaster, First of all the ship is very old and not kept up at all. A musty smell was through out the ship and old ripped furniture was not invited to spend anytime on.No one seemed to be doing any cleaning like others cruiselines. Now the dining. This is the first ship that there was not one meal that we could call really tasty and we are really not that fussy. Eg. French soup was served in a white ramekin dish that you get at the dollar store, oops they forgot the cheese. Oh well the waiter was sure to spill water on us almost every night and never once say sorry. It was very obvious that the crew wanted everyone to eat in a specialty dining restaurant and not to bother anyone in the main dining room. We had to actually get special permission to eat in front of the beautiful windows every night and still have no idea why, the place was empty. We did find the cabin Stewart to be friends and quite helpful. The rest of the crew just did not care. This is our 4 th Norwegian and I have always thought people were cruel with the reviews, wow was I wrong. Epic, jewel, sun, were all very nice but please do yourself a favour and skip this horrible horrible ship. We usually sail on celebrity and princess but they port of calls were not what we wanted this time. Very disappointing to treat the family and have such a terrible experience on this vessel. I have also heard from trusted friends that the Hawaii ships were just as bad. Norwegian, I used to stick up for you but no longer.

Don't waste your money

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by marniesplace

• Sail Date: July 2015
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-Facing Owner's Suite with Large Balcony

We picked this one for a family holiday and mainly because of it,s itinerary.

The ports were fabulous and nothing bad to say about any of them.

Now the dining.

marniesplace’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Spirit price drops

Aft-Facing Owner's Suite with Large Balcony
Cabin SB
Cabin had worn carpet and old fixtures, very smelly.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins