3. Amsterdam
We chose this cruise for a couple of reasons....one being the itinerary. Hubbard Glacier was the deciding factor. It was AMAZING!! and two was that we have very good friends who take a portion of the world cruise, which is on this ship, every year and talked this ship up a lot. We were not disappointed in the ship or the staff in the public areas. They were absolutely fabulous and the ship is awesome. From the area you board , to the public rooms, to our cabin. It felt very welcoming. The itinerary was great and the disembarking, apart from Juneau, was very easy. This is, however, where the rave ends. We were disappointed in our cabin attendant. We saw him twice in 8 days. The only way we knew that he had been there was the beds were done up and the towel animals were made. They were just adorable !! We had to leave a note twice for fresh ice in the evenings and that was the only two evenings we got some. Other stewards in the hall were friendly but, ours was not there. The food: well, here is another story....breakfast in the dining room and room service was alright. The Lido, not so much. Lunch was easy enough to find something....pretty decent....dinner in the dining room (we had the early dining time) was hit and miss. The food was not always hot...was warm but not hot...and sometimes not always the freshest it could be. I am a previous cruiser on HAL but the 3 others I was with were not and one was a first time cruiser so, I was disappointed in the quality. We did not go hungry by any means but, just not so good. It was not up to HAL standards. Now, we did splurge and eat in the Pinnacle Grill. Talk about a FABULOUS meal....that was awesome. But, it is an extra cost to eat there ($29.00) I believe that is added to your onboard account. Worth every penny. Some folks we talked to also ate in the specialty Italian restaurant, again for an additional cost, and they said it was also awesome. However, I have issues with this since it seems like they just want your money...:-( My cabin mate had a massage and she said it was very good so, yeah for that! The Amsterdam is a smaller ship...and we liked that. One thing, you need to bring an extension cord w/a surge protector for your cabin since there is only one outlet and it is away from the beds!!. The soda package that you can buy onboard is not unlimited. It is a $50.00 value for $25.00. We did not know this before boarding but that did end up being just fine for us. Overall, we had a great time !!

Hubbard Glacier Amazing;j Food Not So Amazing

kgs1963’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Amsterdam price drops

Large Ocean-View Stateroom
Cabin H 2047
There is only one outlet in the room so, bring an extension cord with a surge protector!! We had an outside cabin and it was lovely. Enough room to move around and be comfortable. Walk in shower was nice. Loved having the natural light!
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins