Viking Rolf Cruise Review

An Enjoyable Stay in France

Viking Rolf Cruise Review by dcnanook

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: Europe River

We choose the cruise so we could see Paris and cruise to the Normandy beaches which I wanted to see. We did run into a couple of glitches where we went on a walking tour to one of the castles and it was not an easy hike. I was fine but I ended up helping a few of the older and more feeble customers up the hill to the top. One person had to be taken off the hill and ended up going to a local hospital. I do not believe that it was advertised as a harsh climb or something similar.

We also ran into a problem with the concierge desk since we had deviation on our flight and were extending it in Barcelona. There was some confusion when we were talking to the desk and I felt as if the Concierge was going to leave us on our own to get to the airport which was not close or find us a cab which she said would not come for some reason. Michael, the Cruise Director, jumped in and got us a ride to the airport but even to the last minute when we walked off the ship, the concierge I felt was holding a grudge.

As far as the general cruise, it was great and my wife enjoyed it very much. It is unfortunate when things like that cloud your memories of what could have been a another perfect trip. Yes, we have purchased dollars for our next trip which we hope will be soon and we are hoping for the Scandanavian trip. I will think twice about ever trying a deviation again however. Not worth it!

dcnanook's Full Rating Summary

Paris

Paris at night was a thrill

D-Day Beaches

Unforgetable

View All 83 D-Day Beaches Reviews
Eiffel Tower

Was surprised and delighted with Paris at night

View All 46 Eiffel Tower Reviews
Monet at Giverny Gardens

Very fascinating, colorful and great to get out into the country

View All 81 Monet at Giverny Gardens Reviews
The Louvre

Apparently not as crowded as it could have been but still seemed so and the tour guide was phenomenal and we had her for multiple tours. P.S. If it matters...her name was Sylvana

View All 50 The Louvre Reviews
Versailles

We learned so much about the history.

View All 64 Versailles Reviews