3. Viking Rolf
We choose the cruise so we could see Paris and cruise to the Normandy beaches which I wanted to see. We did run into a couple of glitches where we went on a walking tour to one of the castles and it was not an easy hike. I was fine but I ended up helping a few of the older and more feeble customers up the hill to the top. One person had to be taken off the hill and ended up going to a local hospital. I do not believe that it was advertised as a harsh climb or something similar. We also ran into a problem with the concierge desk since we had deviation on our flight and were extending it in Barcelona. There was some confusion when we were talking to the desk and I felt as if the Concierge was going to leave us on our own to get to the airport which was not close or find us a cab which she said would not come for some reason. Michael, the Cruise Director, jumped in and got us a ride to the airport but even to the last minute when we walked off the ship, the concierge I felt was holding a grudge. As far as the general cruise, it was great and my wife enjoyed it very much. It is unfortunate when things like that cloud your memories of what could have been a another perfect trip. Yes, we have purchased dollars for our next trip which we hope will be soon and we are hoping for the Scandanavian trip. I will think twice about ever trying a deviation again however. Not worth it!

An Enjoyable Stay in France