3. Viking Star
We had traveled with Viking on a river cruise in China about two years before this trip. That cruise was one of the best we have ever experienced, so we wanted to cruise again with Viking. The ocean cruise in the western Mediterranean was an ideal trip to allow my wife to visit many of the places that I had visited on my tours of the Med while serving in the U. S. Navy. We experienced some new areas as well. I had never been to Corfu or Croatia. Those three stops were the best of the entire cruise. We had only one afternoon to explore Barcelona, but we enjoyed strolling the full length of the Ramblas. The ship was new, elegant, beautiful. The cabin was large with a fantastic balcony. Dining was more than we could have imagined (this was our 6th shipboard cruise). Every shore excursion was well organized, informative and enjoyable. My wife has limited mobility and uses a transporter chair most of the time. The crew and staff went above and beyond in helping us get on and off the ship, on walking tours, and on bus tours. The staff and crew were superb. We will definitely travel again with Viking. We are looking at the trip that includes Ireland, Scotland and England.

Viking...Best Cruise Ship Tour, Bar None

Viking Star Cruise Review by kenries

kenries’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Star price drops

This cabin was one of the rather economical ones, yet had a nice couch, desk, full sliding glass door onto a private veranda. The ship had full service, but it also had a laundromat for self service.