Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by AmNotRay
- Sail Date: July 2016
- Destination: Western Mediterranean
- Cabin Type: Balcony
1. Embarkation - if you stay in Venice the walk from the people mover to the boarding spot it long and it is hot and if you have someone with even a slight difficulty in getting about, it is borderline torturous - a complementary shuttle would be so obvious
2. Walls were thin and we had a very noisy neighbour who in spite of multiple request did not feel the need to keep the volume down in the wee hours
3. One of our party had a cabin which had some faulty flapper valves in the toilet, which was only a problem when the ship was at port for an extended time - the odor was malicious.
4. Specialty restaurants - Cagney's steak house - we may have got them on a bad night - but the time to be served was almost 2 hours, the steaks came out at the wrong done-ness.
5. Entertainment - Quality ranged from Excellent to borderline High School quality.
6. Selection of Wines - Very inadequate, especially touring Italy, France and Spain - hello??
1. Most of the crew were outstanding both in their desire to ensure we were going to have a great vacation and being diligent about their job.
2. Specialty restaurant - Le Bistro - enjoyable experience
3. Bar - Different ones for different moods - good variety
4. Ports of Call - Venice, Athens, Rome and Barcelona and that's not even half of the stops - call me crazy but pass the gelato. The ship sponsored excursions are 2 to 3 times the price of arranging something on one's own, so we arranged our own and it was excellent.
5. Buffet - Plentiful - excellent healthy options for all meals, plenty of seating space and poolside lunch specials were a nice touch.
6. Internet - it actually worked and at a pretty decent baud rate too.
Would recommend to others but would not repeat ourselves
250,000+ people have entered their email
The queen bed had two mattresses put together - so forget cuddling, cause you'll sink into the mid space. Walls are not sound insulated (but the balcony glass doors are?) so I hope our fervent wishes for our noisy neighbours to be laid low with diarrhea came true, cause I don't think they left the cabin for a couple of days and things quietened down a bit.
Water out of the faucet in the bathroom ran yellow, brown and black more than a few times.
Angle of the toilet seat - whoever designed it, perhaps sits on the commode with their legs crossed, but for the rest of humanity it's a geometrically ridiculous set up.
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
AcropolisAmazing tour, great food and excellent opportunity to touch historyView All 330 Acropolis Reviews
City TourAmazing tour, great food and excellent opportunity to touch historyView All 154 City Tour Reviews
City TourOverwhelmed with tourist but if you are fan of GOT it's here baby!View All 112 City Tour Reviews
Walking the WallsGives one a true appreciation of the defenses and set up of the old cityView All 48 Walking the Walls Reviews
Florence Walking TourI walked where Leonardo and Michaelangelo and Cosmo Medici walked. Awesome. On the negative side, too many obviously Chinese made leather goods being passed off as made in italyView All 123 Florence Walking Tour Reviews
Piazza Della Signoriaa great stop to just absorb the atmosphereView All 5 Piazza Della Signoria Reviews
Pisa Walking TourIt was much more impressive than it looks in pictures and is maintained well.View All 80 Pisa Walking Tour Reviews
Wine TourGreat sampling of Chianti's and some that not available in the USView All 49 Wine Tour Reviews
Montenegro HighlightsJust get up early and enjoy the sail into the port - It's mindblowing.View All 79 Montenegro Highlights Reviews
Found a taxi at the port, agreed upon a price and we were off. Enjoyed ourselves and made the climb up 1000 (though I think there are about 2550) steps.
Island of DelosGreat hike, amazing historical site but a ROUGH ride over when choppyView All 87 Island of Delos Reviews
Private TourI can't eat pizza again until I'm back in Sorrento! Nice taste of Amalfi, Sorrento, Positano. Pompeii was a bit underwhelming. The olive oil and limoncello -amazingView All 82 Private Tour Reviews
Private TourI heard the angles singing. After everything we saw, we are coming back here to really see it over 4-5 daysView All 134 Private Tour Reviews
Toulonnot worth the effort of docking there - should have just spent another day at seaView All 298 Toulon Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Toulon Cruise Port Review
VeniceBest way to see VeniceView All 1,422 Venice Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Venice Cruise Port Review
Burano IslandBuilt for photography and excellent size for walking aroundView All 33 Burano Island Reviews
Jewish gettoExcellent historical visit!View All 3 Jewish getto Reviews
Murano IslandA bit of a tourist trap if uninitiated, Best stuff is upstairs.View All 54 Murano Island Reviews
Padua Walking TourNice but would not recommend to those who have no interest in church or in saint anthonyView All 6 Padua Walking Tour Reviews
St. Mark's SquareIt's amazing! The Basilica is astoundingView All 41 St. Mark's Square Reviews