3. Viking Odin
We chose this cruise as it offered 2 nights stay in both Paris and Prague, and a visit down three rivers with stops in many towns that we were unfamiliar with in Germany. We did purchase the liquor package and only because we are not big beer or wine drinkers. we definitely got our moneys worth but I must add that the wines they served with dinner and lunch were top notch. Before booking this cruise it did not occur to me to check into the rising and falling of these rivers. I had no idea that they were prone to flooding at certain times of the year.Fortunately for us we left Paris before the flooding started and managed to maneuver the rivers without any problems. The sun deck had to be closed down during the last three days of our journey but that was due to having to pass under a series of bridges and the fact that the river was high. ( this was closer towards Prague) The service on this ship was superior. The crew members called us by first names and the captain joined in quite often with the passengers. He even helped with the loading on of fresh fruit and vegetables at certain stops. The meals were excellent and the entertainment although not up to cabaret standards was very good, enjoyable and related to the places we visited. You must remember.... this is not an ocean cruise. there are no swimming pools, casinos, mega bars or tons of people. Do not expect it to be like sailing on a Princess ship. this is a different experience and one that we enjoyed immensely and will treasure always. We met some fantastic people and had a great time all around. There were no line ups for security and bag checking embarking or disembarking at the ports... the buses to take you on the tours were new and comfortable and the guides immensely informative. I found a couple of times we did break away and go off on our own as some people are very slow. the average age of people on the ship I would say are in their 50's to 80's.. Our cabin was very efficient, we had a veranda and I found more than enough drawers and storage for our belongings. A lot more than on a ocean liner. I would not hesitate to recommend this Viking cruise or any other ones they offer. I am now looking into one of their ocean voyages.

One of the best cruises we have ever experienced.

Viking Odin Cruise Review by camoria

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

camoria’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Odin price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 209
Very modern and more than enough drawers and compartments for our belongings. Ample toiletry supplies and room cleaned twice daily. Always water provided and could ask for anything else we needed.The TV reception would go off and on at times but that was due to satellite disruption . and we rarely had the TV on . We dont travel half way across the world to watch TV
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins