3. Amsterdam
We booked the cruise pretty late, and we wanted to go to Alaska. When I looked, there were only two 7-day Alaska cruises that fall within our budget. Holland America's one of the two and I've heard good things about it from my friends. So I decided to try it out. The cruise experience far exceeded my expectations. The food, the service, the entertainment, the enrichment activities, and the library are all of the highest quality. The library is so beautifully designed even sitting there without doing anything is an enjoyment. Mike Robinson, and Fred and Bobbie Becker are the best comedians I've seen. We stopped at Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, and Victoria of BC along the way and did a lot of sightseeing. My favorite port of call was Sitka, which is small enough to walk around, clean, untouched, and so out of this world. We visited the largest tidewater glacier in North America, the Hubbard Glacier. We learned about glacier, salmon, "thank you" in the Tlingit language. We saw totem poles, fish hatchery, whales, Russian churches. The only disappointment was the kids' activities; they were too kiddish for my 12-year-old and 10-year-old. And the whale watching didn't stand to our expectations. In stead of whole whales coming out of the water, we only saw tails and part of the back. Nonetheless, the buffet dinner on the whale watching boat was of exceptional quality.

Great Alaska Cruise with Holland America

Ages 10 to 12
Get Holland America Amsterdam price drops

Large Ocean-View Stateroom
Cabin G 1813
The cabin looks a bit aged but is very clean (Our steward, Bagus, did a great job!) and has everything we need. We have porthole windows, which we prefer over the picture windows. We get fresh fruits everyday, and Bagus asked my daughter her favorite animals and those towel animals wait for her every evening we go back to the cabin.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins