3. Viking Modi
The ship was beautiful, and the staff were top-notch. Every effort was made to give us a wonderful experience, and these efforts were successful. My only suggestion to Viking is to in some way, attempt to make the atmosphere more inclusive. We are a same-sex, married couple; and we had to endure no end of questions from our fellow passengers regarding the nature of our relationship. Upon debarkation, the purser presented me with my bill only (despite my having requested the entire bill for the stateroom), requiring me to wait in line a second time to pay the charges that were in my husband's name. When one looks at a Viking ad, one sees obviously well-off, attractive, white, opposite-sex couples. This is in contrast to Princess Cruises (our last major trip), which makes an obvious effort to show a variety of races, ethnicities, and life-styles in their trip photos and ads. I loved Viking, but felt more at ease on Princess.

We sailed from Budapest to Amsterdam, with multiple stops and scenic cruising.

Viking Modi Cruise Review by rayowens

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Superior
rayowens’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Modi price drops

Veranda Superior
Cabin A 315
Small, but well-designed and quite comfortable
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins