3. Carnival Sunshine
It was the first cruise for my daughter and I. She is 31, severely handicapped and uses a wheelchair outside of the house. I wanted to try a different sort of vacation for us since Disney and Universal (definitely NOT Universal) are too much money, too much aggravation and too little reward. I am so glad we had such a bad time at Universal. If we hadn't I never would have tried cruising. This will be our new vacation! I don't think Carnival is the cruise-line for us but we still had fun. Plenty of food and lots on the ship to explore. Since I've never cruised before I don't know what other ships are like. But I know I would like a cruise ship that has and enforces an adult pool and a kids pool. An adult hot tub and a kids hot tub. Is there such a cruise-line? I aim to find out, one by one. Since my daughter wears diapers I was not able to go into the pool or hot tub, nor did I try. I don't think you would want her in your pool/ hot tub (and she is not allowed), so what makes you think I want kids in my adult pool/ hot tub? I have a cruise set up on the NCL Pearl next March to the Caribbean and one of my daughters aides is coming with me. I got a good price (I think?!) So it will be neat to have someone to take turns caring for my daughter. On the Carnival sunshine I had a balcony spa room 11032, it is accessible and a nice room. However on the outside deck next to the room is the recycling bin that would slam shut whenever someone used it, very annoying. No I never talked to anyone about it. It took me about two days to get up the courage to try the main dining room, wish I tried it sooner. My daughter doesn't "wait" very well, so I thought that she would become disruptive. She didn't, she and I loved the food and she ate soo much! The Lido buffet was a disaster, trying to push the wheelchair with one hand and hold a food plate with the other. It was awful and no staff offered to help me....ever. And again I didn't ask for help. There were so many people running around the buffet, it was really bad. The last thing was the Muster drill. I headed down to my assigned area and was intercepted and herded into the game room with some other wheelchair users, and cane users. And we waited, and waited....no one ever showed up. I could see a crew member in the hallway and I went and told him that we had no one in charge in the room with us. He just smiled at me and said OK, not sure if he understood English or not. No one ever showed up so we just left. I gave myself my own muster in my room by reading the info and trying on the life preserver.

Carnival sunshine? Nope just lots of fog.........

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by Longstockingpippi1